MM members/ex-members, advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MM members/ex-members, advice please

I need insurance for 1-2 weeks, phoned NCMA & Michael Morton & although both only do it for a year, MM said that with them if I sign up and pay for the year I can cancel when I like for a £5 cancellation charge and they will refund what I haven't used

My question is, has anyone done this/had experience of this, is it that simple & do you get the money back quick
    *~*~*♥Nikki♥*~*~*

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would ask for it in writing then you know exactly what they will / won't do.

I have to say their service has always been excellent in the past but I've never done anything like this.

Good luck with it all

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi,im due to renew insurance and rang to explain i have NO children on the books and can i defer it till i do , and they said its a requirement of ofsted that if your registered with them you need insurance at all times..with the exception of pregnancy or critical illness ! is this true .how did you get on?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just comment. You only buy insurance from MM. You are not a member because they are just a commercial insurance broker selling insurance services.

I would check but I agree if you are registered with Ofsted it is a requirement of your registration that you are insured. Remeber an ex parent could make a claim at anytime as well so you would want access to legal help.

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks rickysmiths .. i will check .though ..saw a thread where someone just wanted insurance for 2 weeks so got me wondering