Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Insurance advice

I have been with MM for 2 years for insurance & i am happy so far but i am due to renew my pacey membership they say i have to have my insurance with them to be a member however MM dont finish till mid july so i was wondering do anyone have a membership with pacey they have just renewed but with out taking the insurance is it possable as i dont need 2 insurance's for 2 months but i like being able to advertise vie pacey ?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is that an e-mail invoice or a letter from Pacey? Have you rung them? I got an e-mail telling me I needed to have PLI too when I rang Pacey all shirty I was told that I could join to be just a member over the phone. On-line you can only take out both.

I know that they were doing a survey last year that seemed to say that they would only allow membership if insurance was taken out but in Jan I was able to be a member only - may have changed with financial year though

3. Likes karen2010, Hatchlings liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

That explains why I was having trouble trying to join online Can you still advertise with them as a member if you dont have their insurance?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm........ pacey seem to be trying ever harder to lose members again.

Why on goD's Earth would they insist on CMs taking out insurance in order to be accepted as members, when they recently threw membership open to nursery employees who won't be needing pacey's insurance package?

I have theory that, if ever I wake up to find the world of childcare makes sense to me, it'll be the day I die.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tracie Morrison View Post
    That explains why I was having trouble trying to join online Can you still advertise with them as a member if you dont have their insurance?
    Yes you get all the benefits of membership just no insurance.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    Yes you get all the benefits of membership just no insurance.
    Thank you! x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchlings View Post
    I have been with MM for 2 years for insurance & i am happy so far but i am due to renew my pacey membership they say i have to have my insurance with them to be a member however MM dont finish till mid july so i was wondering do anyone have a membership with pacey they have just renewed but with out taking the insurance is it possable as i dont need 2 insurance's for 2 months but i like being able to advertise vie pacey ?
    By being a member of any association your insurance premium will be lower...all that is happening is that there is competition within the sector
    3 associations have the same PLI provider= RSA
    MM has its own and UKCMA use MM which is also promoted in this forum

MM is costly because it is not an association with members so premiums are high not just for PLI but car and household as well

Shop wisely!!

9. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchlings View Post
    Absolute rubbish. You do not have to have insurance with them to be a member at all.

However if you are a member why on earth would you pay twice as much to MM for PLI than you need to pay Pacey makes no sense to me.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Hmmmm........ pacey seem to be trying ever harder to lose members again.

Why on goD's Earth would they insist on CMs taking out insurance in order to be accepted as members, when they recently threw membership open to nursery employees who won't be needing pacey's insurance package?

I have theory that, if ever I wake up to find the world of childcare makes sense to me, it'll be the day I die.

They are not insisting on you taking out insurance if you join as a member at all. Maybe it is a blip on the website?

Are all the other organisations perfect all the time? Why are Pacey not allowed the occasional blip?

You are in a really odd mood at the moment Bunyip!!! On the attack?

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    By being a member of any association your insurance premium will be lower...all that is happening is that there is competition within the sector
    3 associations have the same PLI provider= RSA
    MM has its own and UKCMA use MM which is also promoted in this forum

MM is costly because it is not an association with members so premiums are high not just for PLI but car and household as well

Shop wisely!!
    I have had both my car and house hold insurance with MM for several years now and they have always been lower than any where else, l shop around each year, this year l got a quote for my car insurance that was £40 lower so l rang MM and told them they asked who with and rang the company they insured me with they cut my quote by slightly more and gave me better breakdown cover.

Simona Guest

Let's clarify for the sake of cms who are new or seek support

Membership...we can be members of any association...that means we can buy their PLI at a discounted rate...if we want to or buy it somewhere else

We can be members of X but buy insurance from MM for instance

If a cm wants just the insurance that is part of the package and therefore you need m'ship as well

Having said that I continue to buy my car/household from Bluefin even though I am not a pacey member....MM have always quoted much higher premiums to me so I stayed where I have been for years and get good service

Can anyone tell us what is the difference between PLI purchased from pacey and that on offer by the other 2 associations who offer RSA as well? it is the content that matters in my view

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Let's clarify for the sake of cms who are new or seek support

Membership...we can be members of any association...that means we can buy their PLI at a discounted rate...if we want to or buy it somewhere else

We can be members of X but buy insurance from MM for instance

If a cm wants just the insurance that is part of the package and therefore you need m'ship as well

Having said that I continue to buy my car/household from Bluefin even though I am not a pacey member....MM have always quoted much higher premiums to me so I stayed where I have been for years and get good service

Can anyone tell us what is the difference between PLI purchased from pacey and that on offer by the other 2 associations who offer RSA as well? it is the content that matters in my view
    I changed from MM insurance to Pacey years ago as MM wouldn't cover my over 8's playing outside without me. I live in a cul de sac and can see them from the window but that wasn't allowed. this is one difference but I am sure there are many
    Debbie

15. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QualityCare View Post
    I have had both my car and house hold insurance with MM for several years now and they have always been lower than any where else, l shop around each year, this year l got a quote for my car insurance that was £40 lower so l rang MM and told them they asked who with and rang the company they insured me with they cut my quote by slightly more and gave me better breakdown cover.
    I have had Motor Insurance with MM but their renewal quote was so ridiculous I went else where and they were only cheaper for me for a year same with dh. They have never been cheap for house insurance for us always at least double what we ever pay elsewhere.

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no option on the PACEY website to join without insurance or the suggestion that it is possible by calling them. I am pre-reg and in the process of researching possible memberships, insurances etc. and the apparent need to combine the 2 with PACEY is off putting. Perhaps they should make it clearer on their website.

Simona Guest

All your comments are very useful and point in one direction...competition will only increase even for basic statutory cover

Where before we had little choice now the field has opened for everyone to offer us their 'services'...let them be reminded that we too offer 'services' and therefore trade in our field...in the end there will be competition on who offers the best at the best price

As independent cms we should drive them to reflect not them telling us is either that or nothing.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just highlighted the problem to Pacey and they are going to make an interim change to the website so it only allows you to buy both membership and pli and then make it obvious that you have to ring to just have membership. Testing will be ongoing to set it up online to purchase either or both but this will be in the future

Thank you to everyone for highlighting this.
    Debbie