NCMA renewal dilema
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA renewal dilema

My NCMA membership is about due for renewal and I'm not sure if it is worth my while renewing.

I have had an email from Morotn Mitchell offering similar cover for just £44 including employers liability insurance which I think is very reasonable, what am I going to miss out on from the NCMA if I don't renew?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is very little difference between the insurance companies

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You will miss out on the ability to advertise your Vacancies free.

Be able to log your Continuous Professional development in a format recognised by Ofsted.

Being able to go to Regional forum Meetings and NCMA Local Meetings and feed back your views via the National Policy Forum.

Have fact sheets and sample Policies available to use.

To be able to buy cheaper Contracts and other paperwork than it costs from MM

To be able to buy insurance at half the price of MM

To have a good legal line available.

Best of all to be part of the only Membership organisation that represents Childminders and fights causes on their behalf.

I am bias I have been a member for 18 years and have been a Volunteer in the past but have seen many benefits of being a member.

4. Likes christine e, k1rstie, kellyb liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in a similar boat to you and have decided I will not be renewing my NCMA membership.

They have closed 2 of the NCMA childminder drop ins in the past week due to apparent lack of attendance and I find their helpline less than helpful. I am interested in joining the Pre-School Learning Alliance when they open their Childminder membership in April. I just cant justify the money the NCMA want for the service they provide.

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My local NCMA meetings are available to non-members

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    My local NCMA meetings are available to non-members
    So are mine - it is my understanding that you do not have to be a NCMA member to attend the NCMA local meetings.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Everson View Post
    My NCMA membership is about due for renewal and I'm not sure if it is worth my while renewing.

I have had an email from Morotn Mitchell offering similar cover for just £44 including employers liability insurance which I think is very reasonable, what am I going to miss out on from the NCMA if I don't renew?
    With MM you are paying just for insurance which is why the price seems cheaper - NCMA's insurance is actually much cheaper than MM but the overall price includes membership so appears more.

I am also due to renew my membership with NCMA and have thought a lot about not doing so BUT with the Government due to announce changes to childcare in the New Year I have decided to stay with NCMA for the time being.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

9. Likes christine e, rickysmiths liked this post