Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Its so nearly the weekend

i dont know about you all but im feeling the cold today. People do keep telling me its going to snow but Im not getting my hopes up just yet but if you get any let me know I do like a bit of snowwatch

Whats everyones plans for the weekend we have football for the littlest two and eldest dd has dance and photographs for the upcoming show. Both earlyish kick offs and ds has declared that I get a day off tomorrow bless him think hes been listening to dad and needs a reality check

Have a good weekend everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do miss weekends of sporting activities - I just have to wait for the phone call after their activities now. My oldest has taken up indoor rock climbing and so rings to tell me of his latest height achievement...I want to see it too but at 30 he is a little too old to have his mum watching ! Youngest has joined the water sports club round the corner from where he lives on Salford Quays a new venture, never done anything but swim in water before and the occasional canoeing on family holiday and school trips so I await his news...I have a feeling that he would have been better joining in the summer months when it is a bit warmer!

Gardening is my big agenda this weekend. Emptying the greenhouse as we picked the last tomatoes and chillies this week and preparing it for the winter. Over wintering some plants from the pots in the garden and replacing them with violas and cyclamen to give us some colour. The children have been busy planting bulbs and filling some pots with pansies so we have made a start. Our bug hotel is looking a little bedraggled ( we have been mini beast hunting this month) so I am going to have a tidy up without disturbing too much I hope. We spotted a greenfinch in our garden last week so have hung a new Nyger feeder to attract them so fingers crossed they come...I plan to work in the summer house as a hide, to get some good photos. I've become a little obsessed with Annie Sloanes chalk paint and am working my way through old furniture from the shed, to revamp - practising for taking the big step of painting all my bedroom furniture, but it's ideal to do whilst bird watching.
    Now our veg patches are emptying, only broccoli left ( I don't really grow winter veg) I want to temporary create an outdoor farm in one..so pininterest will be my browsing this weekend to get some ideas.
    My book club has come round fast this month I haven't started the book yet and we meet on Tuesday! So a long bath and a cosy reading session on Sunday or Monday I think.
    Well that's the plan ....until we wake up and have a different agenda!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My plan for this weekend is to catch up on some sleep! I've worked long days all week and have really missed my usual day off. In addition to that we had our grandson sleeping here one night. He went off to sleep easily, but was awake again in the early hours and got very excited when he realised where he was! Nanny wasn't quite as excited especially as it took him an hour to go back to sleep

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

SNOW? Snow nooooooo

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    SNOW? Snow nooooooo
    I agree ... NOOOOOOOOOO!

A week ago I was still in linen trousers and strappy shoes! I'm only just adjusting to wearing socks, boots and long sleeves.

I'm meeting some childminder friends for coffee tomorrow morning and then a little bit of shopping. Mum has been here since late Tuesday and so I've been looking after her as well as working and it will be good to have a break. She will be here for at least another week, probably 2.

Then it's the usual round of dancing, football, band and panto!

At some point I plan to sleep too Maza!

Hope everyone has some good weekend.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No to the snow!!! I'm still wearing my flip flops!!! It's cold here in the evenings though. We are enjoy a very quiet peaceful Friday evening as from tomorrow dd1,her husband and grandson are moving in till at least xmas.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    SNOW? Snow nooooooo
    Imagine waking up to everywhere white. Getting wrapped up for sledging and snowballs. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows when you get in.

In reality it's probably going to rain and I will be on the sidelines shouting dd on
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i love snow..if only it would stay as snow and then just disappear...i hate slush

busy weekend for me , heading down to corby tomorrow for a cpd day at a reggio inspired nursery...very excited!