Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 'Ashley Bell' by Dean Koontz

I started reading this yesterday and stayed awake reading last night, and read most of today (we were away camping so nothing else I 'had' to do) ... 646 pages later I've finished it!
    And wow ... I don't know quite what to think of it. I patently couldn't put it down, and I'm sure i dreamt about it last night.
    'A girl is told she has one year to live ... her sudden recovery is a medical miracle'.

Quite amazing book and unlike me, I can't bring myself to pick up a new book to read yet. I ended up buying a newspaper instead!

Has anyone else read it?

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't yet, but love his books!
    I'll get a copy for my holibobs in 2 weeks :thumb:

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read any of his books. My best friend was always reading them. Is it sad? Horror?

On holiday I read 'The Girls' by Lisa Jewell, and 'The Third Wife' also by Lisa Jewell. I couldn't put either of them down. Chick lit but gripping.

I'm currently reading 'The Marble Collector' after a few people on here recommended it, but I'm not that into it yet. I also tried to read 'The Year I Met you' (can't remember the author, but another current chick lit author), but I found it quite dull and just skim read it from about a third of the way in.

My new years resolution was to read more frivolous stuff, just for pleasure rather than for education. When I stopped having to commute to work I pretty much stopped reading for pleasure.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) I don't think I've read anything by Lisa Jewel. I'll give it a try. Thanks for suggesting it.

Ashley Bell isn't a sad book and definitely not horror ( i really can't read or watch horror ) and it's not really a thriller ... sort of a mystery but I can't place it in any genre. I hadn't read any Dean Koontz for ages. Might have to try some more.

I've also been reading alot of books by Santa Montefiorde (think I've spelt it wrong ) chick lit but good reads.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, thanks loocyloo, I've not heard of her. I'll have to check her out. x