Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thursday- England versus Wales

Are we ready (if you are watching).

We are making flags here today and carrying on exploring different countries that are playing in the euros.

It's also dd2s birthday so we have lots of goodies for the kids to eat while they watch the match.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband and sons will all be watching and so will one of my 4 year old mindees. He's football mad and is so excited about sitting with my DH and sons to watch it. They've got some nibbles and he's made himself a flag to wave.

I'm not at all interested in football, but I have to admit, his excitement is so sweet it almost makes me wish I was interested

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching, cheering on Wales!

Today is one of those days where working from home is great! Especially when you get a text from a parent saying don't have to pick up kids from school today as they are doing it instead!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My husband and sons will all be watching and so will one of my 4 year old mindees. He's football mad and is so excited about sitting with my DH and sons to watch it. They've got some nibbles and he's made himself a flag to wave.

I'm not at all interested in football, but I have to admit, his excitement is so sweet it almost makes me wish I was interested
    Not sure I would be able to trust my DH to keep a professional mouth on him! He's very sweet really, but if it was a match he was passionate about...!

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been talking about how Fireman Sam is from Wales so i don't feel too bad for having it on when kids are here :laughing;

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

🎶we're going score one more than you🎶

Happy house here
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wanted England to win but secretly rooting For an ex pupil Ashley Williams!
    We are having a football themed week, so watching the match was part of it - the LO's did have two flags and were aware it was on, but rest time miraculously went into extra time so DH got to watch a lot of it without having to explain anything.
    They all wore my son's old England tops ( football dresses ) three girls today, we played on the field this morning so were interested to start with. Then they were focussed on when we could eat the carrot cakes that we made and iced for the occasion- parent provided football edible tops.
    Spent the last hour gardening and have just come in to find Ireland are winning so far - hopefully another good result.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Not sure I would be able to trust my DH to keep a professional mouth on him! He's very sweet really, but if it was a match he was passionate about...!
    My DH was warned that he had to keep quiet as the 2 after school children wanted to watch the last 15 mins with him when we got in......poor man looked like he was in pain as he had to bite his tongue and refrain from getting too excited
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've no great interest in kick-a-ball and nothing really against the Welsh, but it was very satisfying to see the appalling Gobby (sorry, Robbie) Savage taken down a peg or two after all his ridiculous comments. The man really should not be allowed to speak in public, never mind on national TV and radio.

I rather liked the listener who called him out on a radio phone-in recently for constantly referring to Wales as a "country". Savage had no idea that Wales is in fact a principality.

Well Robbie, since you asked how many of the England platers would make the Welsh team, here's my list of Welsh players who could be selected for anyone else except Wales.....

er, that's it.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I've no great interest in kick-a-ball and nothing really against the Welsh, but it was very satisfying to see the appalling Gobby (sorry, Robbie) Savage taken down a peg or two after all his ridiculous comments. The man really should not be allowed to speak in public, never mind on national TV and radio.

I rather liked the listener who called him out on a radio phone-in recently for constantly referring to Wales as a "country". Savage had no idea that Wales is in fact a principality.

Well Robbie, since you asked how many of the England platers would make the Welsh team, here's my list of Welsh players who could be selected for anyone else except Wales.....

er, that's it.
    I did wonder if Martin keown was going to knock him out

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, that's how us Scots feel about the English commentators

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    Funny, that's how us Scots feel about the English commentators
    And I don't blame you.

The thing that drives me nuts is the way these dumb sportspeople keep sticking the words "you know" into every sentence. It has me screaming at the radio, " No, I don't know. You're the flippin' expert who's meant to know, so please explain it to me like you're supposed to."