Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Monday Morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Monday Morning

Its a bit chilly here this morning Im wanting to hiberate after such a beautiful weekend.

After a really busy weekend Im glad I have the day to chill and catch up with all the little jobs. I really need to clean out the baking cupboard but I also need to get some cheap idea on how to make the garden a bit more presentable.

Have a good day everyone hope its warmer where you are
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning!

its chilly here too! they had all the doors open at school, and I got chilled listening to readers! would have been warmer if we'd sat outside in the sun!

felling a bit lost, as waved DD off on her school residential this morning, and will have a week without endless dance classes and taxi service! However, I have a pile of jobs to be getting on with, so I know i'll blink and she'll be home! some of my little LOs will really miss her, as she always plays with them before school.

DS went round the garden trimming the edge of the grass into the flower beds etc ( with is a joke, as the flowerbeds are turning wild with grasses/etc etc! ) BUT, it has made the garden look really tidy and cared for !!! ( until you look closely! )

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

See, now it is roasting here today! I never seem to have the same weather as the rest of you all. The girls have been out bathing the babies in the sunshine this afternoon.

We have just bought 10 giant bags of compost - you know the ones, they weigh the same as a baby elephant - we've just tipped them all around the edges of the yard. My horrendous looking backyard suddenly looks and feels like a garden. Very weird that just doing that has changed it's whole feel, like wallpaper and new curtains in a room. Would have done it years ago if I'd realised it was that easy. (nowtostopthekittiespoopinginitgrrrrr)

4. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Kittypoop has become the bain of my life this spring. I have a huuuuge sand area and have never ever had any issues before at all....but 3 new cats have been regular visitors to my garden and have left their calling cards. I cover it every night with my old trampoline nets ...apparently a waterproof cover isnt the way to go as the rainwater and the suns uv are natural cleansers. Cats dislike citrus and cinammon so maybe mixing some into your soil would help?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Its a bit chilly here this morning Im wanting to hiberate after such a beautiful weekend.

After a really busy weekend Im glad I have the day to chill and catch up with all the little jobs. I really need to clean out the baking cupboard but I also need to get some cheap idea on how to make the garden a bit more presentable.

Have a good day everyone hope its warmer where you are
    My solution of presentable garden is strategically placed pots filled with a mix of herbs and flowers. Herbs are really cheap and grow quickly, plus smell nice as you touch them and are good for the kitchen too. Rosemary is brilliant, grows quick as does dill...but this seeds everywhere so has to be curtailed...my LO's love pulling it up from the cracks in path. Curry plants grow rapidly too.
    I grow beetroot and radish in pots plus salad leaves , rocket and chard - all quick growing but add greenery for the summer. I also use anything and everything to plant in - Pinterest gave me this idea - big ex school teapots, old bins, galvanised and wicker, casserole pans etc.. Display together and they look great and slightly quirky.
    Ferns are cheap as chips and add structure - ask around friends as ferns always need splitting, they are just growing now, die down in winter but take up a nice space.
    Mix flowers, herbs and veg together and pots look interesting and are cheaper to fill.

It's sunshine and shade here...do you put sun cream on or not ? situation.
    Spent the morning planting up a strawberry tub with LO's who think the already developed strawberries will turn red after their afternoon rest so that they can eat them.....time is the biggest downer for children when gardening!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    My solution of presentable garden is strategically placed pots filled with a mix of herbs and flowers. Herbs are really cheap and grow quickly, plus smell nice as you touch them and are good for the kitchen too. Rosemary is brilliant, grows quick as does dill...but this seeds everywhere so has to be curtailed...my LO's love pulling it up from the cracks in path. Curry plants grow rapidly too. I grow beetroot and radish in pots plus salad leaves , rocket and chard - all quick growing but add greenery for the summer. I also use anything and everything to plant in - Pinterest gave me this idea - big ex school teapots, old bins, galvanised and wicker, casserole pans etc.. Display together and they look great and slightly quirky. Ferns are cheap as chips and add structure - ask around friends as ferns always need splitting, they are just growing now, die down in winter but take up a nice space. Mix flowers, herbs and veg together and pots look interesting and are cheaper to fill. It's sunshine and shade here...do you put sun cream on or not ? situation. Spent the morning planting up a strawberry tub with LO's who think the already developed strawberries will turn red after their afternoon rest so that they can eat them.....time is the biggest downer for children when gardening!
    Ooh is it a good time to plant strawberries flora??

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Kittypoop has become the bain of my life this spring. I have a huuuuge sand area and have never ever had any issues before at all....but 3 new cats have been regular visitors to my garden and have left their calling cards. I cover it every night with my old trampoline nets ...apparently a waterproof cover isnt the way to go as the rainwater and the suns uv are natural cleansers. Cats dislike citrus and cinammon so maybe mixing some into your soil would help?
    Haha I could but it seems a bit harsh cos they are my cats lol. At least if they are going in my yard the neighbour won't have a problem (cos apparently all kitty poop in north yorkshire is deposited by my cats, not the other 8 that live on our close of 18 houses!). Well, she will have a problem. With something. Probably unrelated to me yet still all my fault.

10. Likes loocyloo, mama2three, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

My solution of presentable garden is strategically placed pots filled with a mix of herbs and flowers. Herbs are really cheap and grow quickly, plus smell nice as you touch them and are good for the kitchen too. Rosemary is brilliant, grows quick as does dill...but this seeds everywhere so has to be curtailed...my LO's love pulling it up from the cracks in path. Curry plants grow rapidly too.
    I grow beetroot and radish in pots plus salad leaves , rocket and chard - all quick growing but add greenery for the summer. I also use anything and everything to plant in - Pinterest gave me this idea - big ex school teapots, old bins, galvanised and wicker, casserole pans etc.. Display together and they look great and slightly quirky.
    Ferns are cheap as chips and add structure - ask around friends as ferns always need splitting, they are just growing now, die down in winter but take up a nice space.
    Mix flowers, herbs and veg together and pots look interesting and are cheaper to fill.

It's sunshine and shade here...do you put sun cream on or not ? situation.
    Spent the morning planting up a strawberry tub with LO's who think the already developed strawberries will turn red after their afternoon rest so that they can eat them.....time is the biggest downer for children when gardening!
    At the minute dh has deposited a 20ft goal in there (okay not 20ft but certainly feels like it).
    I need a mini digger and about 20 ton of soil maybe artifical grass too then I wouldn't have to wait for it to mowed ever again.

Maybe tubs of herbs will be a much cheaper realistic option
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 16-05-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door