Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Make up - what do you use?

Im very much a venture into boots and grab whats on offer.

Today however I was brave and went into the make up department at debehams. i must admit to feeling lost and out of my depht but I was brave and carries onto the bare minerals section.

I must admit the girl was lovely and didn't tell me to go away especially when she asked my skincare routine.............................soap and water

I have nice new foundation only had a slight heart attack at how much it cost okay maybe a big heart attack and all for dh to say he couldnt tell the difference

Im not sure whether to clobber him or its time to go back to the drawing board.

What are your make up secrets?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Im very much a venture into boots and grab whats on offer. Today however I was brave and went into the make up department at debehams. i must admit to feeling lost and out of my depht but I was brave and carries onto the bare minerals section. I must admit the girl was lovely and didn't tell me to go away especially when she asked my skincare routine.............................soap and water I have nice new foundation only had a slight heart attack at how much it cost okay maybe a big heart attack and all for dh to say he couldnt tell the difference Im not sure whether to clobber him or its time to go back to the drawing board. What are your make up secrets?
    Lol i bought some clarins beauty flash balm the other day (£30!) ive just worked out that's a whole 6 hours work!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use olay face cream. (After soap & water)

I have a concealer stick and foundation from body shop ... But I probably ought to throw them away as I haven't used them in probably years!

If I wear any makeup then it's just a touch of eyeliner and mascara.

And lip balm!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I used to be a Clinique fan. In my other life I had to look well presented and experimented with slowing down the old crinkle look with various schemes.
    In the last couple of years I have rather neglected my beauty regime so, following a windfall from the races, I went with a friend and explored the make up counters in the new John Lewis in Birmingham. We had a lovely day out and Clarins won, because they gave me so much attention! And followed up with an email explaining everything, and invited me to an exclusive evening where I can spend more money and drink sparkling wine and they gave me money off vouchers.....what a wonderful sales team!!
    So, I am a couple of weeks in to my new regime, I always used one step cleanser and the SpF20 day cream but I have added a Clarins double serum to the steps, though not sure if this is actually doing anything. But I love the 'top coat' - skin illusion, loose powder foundation, so easily to apply, looks nude, and instant concealer - a wonderful product....I have had a cold this week and have been able to conceal my Rudolph nose and dark eyes easily and DH reckons you can't see it so.....I am back on the morning routine ....and I feel great. I really wouldn't say beauty and me are an automatic pairing but It is quite therapeutic...taking time for myself again. I listen to the Today programme business news and faff about in the ensuite and it is so quick, but a few minutes for me is the first step of returning to me coming at the top of the list again. Now I have to do some sustainable planning .......affording it all long term without becoming hooked on gambling!
    Last edited by FloraDora; 27-04-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Soap and water - spf20 simple cream for face and neck - hair usually brushed and pinned back ...

If you could guarantee that something worked and didn''t make my face itch I'd try it!!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as Sarah. I wont put anything on my skin. Not even soap just water as i will flare up if i even look at a bottle of bubbles.

I have found a skin moisturiser called moo goo which has cured my eczema and i have found out the do a make up range. I am very tempted by this.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a bit of mascara and sometimes a blue kohl pencil. Nivea face wash and use the facial scrub once a week. And which ever moisturiser is on offer when I need a new one

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As I've got older I've found Estee Lauder products suit my skin best.

I do spend a lot on makeup & skin products, but then I'm worth it

9. Likes FloraDora liked this post