And this is why I don't do my Christmas shopping early!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default And this is why I don't do my Christmas shopping early!

I think it's been well documented on the forum that I was very late starting on my Christmas shopping!!

I've been wrapping presents this morning and remembered that I bought some bits for my grandson way back in October. It's unheard of for me to buy Christmas presents that early and now I know why...I've lost them!! I have spent over an hour hunting in cupboards, under beds, on top of wardrobes, but they are no where to be seen! So much for my bit of organisation!

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there and done that Mouse on more than one occasion!! What I do now is as soon as I buy the first present I clear out a drawer, cupboard or wardrobe and that's where all Christmas presents go - even if I buy in December I've been known to forget and buy more! Now I also write the name of the person and then what I got them and that's equally frustrating when sometimes I can't remember whom I got what!

3. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse you have made me laugh so much with your Christmas shopping woes!

That's great advice Chris goodyear! Mine are spread out all over the place so I could easily forget some. I do have a checklist of what I've bought though and each present gets 'ticked off' as it goes under the tree when DD finally falls asleep. I write what each present is in very small letters on a corner of the wrapping paper because otherwise I wouldn't have a clue as to what I'd wrapped. This also helps as their is a bit of a hierarchy with presents for DD - so we mustn't leave any 'clothes' presents until last - they need to be opened early as a warm up act.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh Mouse you have made me laugh so much with your Christmas shopping woes!

That's great advice Chris goodyear! Mine are spread out all over the place so I could easily forget some. I do have a checklist of what I've bought though and each present gets 'ticked off' as it goes under the tree when DD finally falls asleep. I write what each present is in very small letters on a corner of the wrapping paper because otherwise I wouldn't have a clue as to what I'd wrapped. This also helps as their is a bit of a hierarchy with presents for DD - so we mustn't leave any 'clothes' presents until last - they need to be opened early as a warm up act.
    I wrap the more important presents in one paper, and the 'supporting acts' in a different paper! my biggest difficulty is getting Dh to comply when he wraps mine!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain..! I ordered two iPad minis for my older dds, but because they were pre owned ones from game stop, each customer can only order one. So I got a friend to order the second: paid her for it and thought no more about it Til two days before Christmas.. And she lost it! Couldn't find the damn thing anywhere and bless her went out and bought a new one. At
    Twice the price. !! Refusing at mo to take any money for it as that apparently defeats the purpose of it being pre owned and saving. Us a few quid but can't let her pay €150 for it! Then we couldn't find the ****** second one under the tree (had carefully wrapped each dds presents in seperate paper!) but couldn't remember which one we had wrapped it for .. And because it was pre owned it was in a. Different size box than we thought and so had to unwrap a load of them to make sure it was there on Christmas Eve! Do I win a prize lol?!!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    I feel your pain..! I ordered two iPad minis for my older dds, but because they were pre owned ones from game stop, each customer can only order one. So I got a friend to order the second: paid her for it and thought no more about it Til two days before Christmas.. And she lost it! Couldn't find the damn thing anywhere and bless her went out and bought a new one. At
    Twice the price. !! Refusing at mo to take any money for it as that apparently defeats the purpose of it being pre owned and saving. Us a few quid but can't let her pay €150 for it! Then we couldn't find the ****** second one under the tree (had carefully wrapped each dds presents in seperate paper!) but couldn't remember which one we had wrapped it for .. And because it was pre owned it was in a. Different size box than we thought and so had to unwrap a load of them to make sure it was there on Christmas Eve! Do I win a prize lol?!!!
    Oh no! What a dilemma. Your poor friend. That's the type of thing I would do.

Well on Christmas Eve I was ticking off the presents on my list as I put them under the tree and one was missing. I emptied my wardrobe twice looking for it, with DH moaning that I would be keeping the downstairs neighbours awake, whilst at the same time swearing blind I hadn't given it to him to hide in his wardrobe. I searched everywhere and concluded that it must have gone to the charity shop in my pre-Christmas clear out. Half way through Christmas day we suddenly found it ... in DH's wardrobe! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without misplacing gifts!

10. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! What a dilemma. Your poor friend. That's the type of thing I would do.

Well on Christmas Eve I was ticking off the presents on my list as I put them under the tree and one was missing. I emptied my wardrobe twice looking for it, with DH moaning that I would be keeping the downstairs neighbours awake, whilst at the same time swearing blind I hadn't given it to him to hide in his wardrobe. I searched everywhere and concluded that it must have gone to the charity shop in my pre-Christmas clear out. Half way through Christmas day we suddenly found it ... in DH's wardrobe! Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without misplacing gifts!
    I found the missing presents in my DH's wardrobe! I don't even remember showing them to him, never mind asking him to hide them, but when I mentioned that I'd lost some presents, he knew exactly where they were.

I then found a couple of presents on Boxing Day that I'd forgotten about. Just little things for DD, but she said part of the fun is getting presents later when we unexpectedly find them! I know I've got a set of paints for her somewhere as well, but I think they're in the cupboard behind the tree so they won't be found until the tree is taken down.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    You poor thing.

At least my missing presents were just a few baby toys, so nothing we couldn't do without.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Mouse you could always put the paints away for next year!

15. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Mouse you could always put the paints away for next year!
    Only if you promise to remind me where I've put them

17. Likes Maza liked this post