Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Its a windy monday

So guess which member was outside at 630 with ds1 taking photos of leaves so he could print them out for his homework

What have you got planned today?

I have no eyfs mindees so am seriously getting on top of the housework. The lazy family weekend we had was lovely but now Im thinking oh wow really need to get back on top of all the jobs.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only school runs today, no mindees in between.

Been for a wet, windy walk; been to the barber's and caught up some paperwork. Am going to have lunch and then read or paint until school pick-up time.

In fact, this was supposed to be the plan since September: keep Mondays free (between school runs) for paperwork, training and shopping, so I could spend weekends more on family (and me.) It hasn't worked out that way, as one of my other mindees (2yo) has been unable to go to grandparents as usual on Mondays due to medical matters. So I've been working every Monday with just one child. This has been the first Monday to work out this way, as dad has a day off to use up annual leave so he's able to look after him.

Mum and dad are talking about adding the Mondays as a permanent arrangement. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm not good at saying "no" to existing clients, and I could still catch up some LJs etc. when he has his sleep. The risk is that I give in to it being another full working day and end up taking on other mindees at the same time.

The decision just got harder, since one mum has phoned to say she doesn't need me for the school runs after Christmas. I want to help the 2yo's family out (and there's added pressure, as Mrs B has been friendly with the family for years.) Alternatively I can just work 0700-0900 on Mondays and have the rest of the day off from January.

At least it's a nice enough choice to have to make: and no stroppy boss making this sort of decision for me. My erstwhile colleague from the railways has been sending messages saying how the job has gone to pot, how lucky I am to be out of it, and how glad he'll be to retire next year.

All in all, it's not a bad day to be a CM.

4. Likes loocyloo, Maza, SYLVIA liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

its my day off, but instead of volunteering in school, I'm at home with a poorly DD - high temps/sore throat/stiff neck - she's been ill with the same all weekend so I took her to the drs to rule out tonsillitis and yes, its 'just' a viral infection as I suspected! lots of rest and fluids needed! she is feeling a bit better currently as paracetamol has kicked in and is complaining bitterly that I'm not allowing her to go to dancing or panto rehearsal this evening! I've also sown the seeds that she isn't going to school tomorrow - but will see how she is! its a shame, I have a mindee tomorrow that really wants to go on a bus trip and we've had to postpone it several weeks running as either ds has had hosp. appts, we had other plans and now it looks like i'll have to postpone it again!

I have loads I need to be getting on with, but I can't settle to anything.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Not doing any cleaning jobs today. But had the dentist and had a tiny filling. Still 'defrosting' as I type. I want a cup of tea!
    Also I've got to ring Vauxhall to get my Zafira checked in for their so- called 'safety check'. Hope they don't impound my car. That has happened to a few Zafira owners
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know just how you feel Bunyip - my Thursday's used to be mine - DH and I used to go for a long walk in the dales and take photos - when there were no weekend crowds! Now I am more often than not working for similar reasons to you....I have kept it as adhoc though so that I am not permanently working and parents know I am temporarily doing them a favour so if dad has a day off in the week he sometimes has a Thursday...or if GP's are up to it they will too...it means occasionally I get back a lovely long quiet walk and I can pretend I am really retired , like him! If I made it a permanent alteration this wouldn't happen.
    Keep your Monday's I would say....for as long as you can.
    Painting Bunyip? Is that decorating painting or creative artistic painting? Or I suppose it could be both!

Forecast was wet and windy but it is actually very mild and dry in the Midlands ....we've been planting bulbs, late I know but the rest of my garden is still looking good - my fuschias and cosmos are still lovely and I am reluctant to empty the tubs when they are giving lots of colour....
    All asleep so I am sitting in my rocking chair on the landing having a coffee before tackling the diaries and writing up assessments.
    Happy Monday.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo I hope your DD feels better soon. After a busy weekend of rehearsals and the final show I am exhausted, and I wasn't even performing. I was a dresser for the first rehearsal, then I watched the matinee performance and then was a dresser in the evening. DD didn't want me to watch the show, she wanted me to stay with her instead but she was fine. It definitely brought a tear to my eye when I saw her on stage and I was waving frantically to her in the finale and she spotted me and waved back, oops. Today I have been unpacking all the show bits and bobs and catching up on laundry. MIL flew back to SA on Saturday evening after spending a month with us, but no sooner had she left we got an email from hubby's brother to say that he is in the country from Tue-Thur this week and will be staying with us. I SO do not need it. The blow up bed will be up again tomorrow taking up half of my living room floor again, and meals will have to be planned appropriately, bedding ironed etc. I will have to sit and chat in the evenings instead of flopping in front of the tv which I am desperate to do. First world problems indeed!

9. Likes FloraDora, BallyH liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well to coin a phrase from Floradora I have cleaned "like somebody is coming" and do now feel better that its back to being a busy home not a pigsty.

Bunyip - I would try and keep your day off else you may regret giving it up. easily to say no and then to say its not working out 6 months down the line.

Loocyloo - hope dd gets better soon.

Ripeberry - hope its good news fron Zafira.

Floradora - this part of the northern Midlands (if there is such a place) its been wet and windy all day.

Maza- glad your and dd both enjoyed the shows, they are hard work. I do know where you are coming from as lovely as house guests are nothing like being able to slouch and relax in your own home
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes Maza, FloraDora, bunyip liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Not doing any cleaning jobs today. But had the dentist and had a tiny filling. Still 'defrosting' as I type. I want a cup of tea!
    Also I've got to ring Vauxhall to get my Zafira checked in for their so- called 'safety check'. Hope they don't impound my car. That has happened to a few Zafira owners
    Well I hope that doesn't happen to mine either, Mine was supposed to go in last Monday and they rang and said not to bother as they didn't have the parts. Its now booked in for friday fingers crossed. Hope its still roadworthy as I had to have two tyres replaced today as I had two punctures.
    Set of on the PM school run and a gust of wind blow a hug curtain of leaves across the green in front of my house. The colours were amazing. LO was so happy to see the leaves whirling around us

13. Likes FloraDora liked this post