Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Weekend plans - Cathtee are you watching strictly

Cathtee I think we are being spoiled rugby and stricty.

So what's everyone's plans.

Anything exciting?

So tomorrow I have ds1 at football for cadets, dd1 at dance, dd2 her second match in goal for her under 8s team, dh has rugby then the England versus wales rugby match.

Sunday I have ds1 on a sailing course again at cadets and ds2 football.

Be glad its Monday for a rest
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are having a gathering to watch the rugby, so lots of food prep... DH is talking about purchasing a curved tv from John Lewis tomorrow - discussions are in progress here!
    We are up early to shop in B'ham market then off to take photos and shop in the new 'Grand Central' area of Birmingham...a huge JL to browse ... My favourite shop, next to IKEA and Lakeland and EAST, so looking forward to this trip.
    We get Ozzy's ashes on Sunday, so big family walk planned to spread them in his/ our favourite walking area.....then the boys have planned a wake and a half! Daft, I know, but if you have a dog you may understand....

4. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The wake isn't daft, it's what you need to do.

I have a 'strange' weekend ahead - not horrible, but lots of things to think about. DD has been having tap lessons for a while and has a show coming up. We got the rehearsal schedule last week and I have never seen anything like it. It's not the frequency of rehearsals which bothers me - but the length of them. On the day of the first show they have to be at the theatre for 12 and will be there until 9.00 at night. I put my name down as a dresser but was told we couldn't be in the same dressing room as our own children. There's no way DD could do this (plus lots more lengthy rehearsals - major separation anxiety) and so I emailed the dance teacher and said we would have to drop out. Anyway, she wants to speak to me tomorrow with some proposals before I 'make up my mind for good'. Sigh. I thought I had finally made my decision and come to terms with it, but now I have to reconsider. I think she is a bit annoyed with me.

Then I had signed up with a teaching agency and had to put my old boss/Headteacher down as a reference, which put me back on her radar. She phoned me up and offered me a job. I have to think about it over the weekend. It sounds great on paper but it just isn't what I was expecting so it has totally thrown me. I didn't really like my old boss but as I say the job is perfect in every other way. My brain hurts. Don't like thinking.

6. Likes FloraDora, FussyElmo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL fussy... I'm already looking forward to tuesday for a rest!

.... tomorrow we have to take crafts/ baking/ veggies etc to local show, ds has a drama performance, dd is going to a party and then needs picking up to go to a dance afternoon. Whilst she is at the party I'm shopping. Dh has plans to go to the tip too.

Sunday is harvest at church, band, football ...

Monday I'm on a training course, followed by usual afterschool chaos!

8. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    The wake isn't daft, it's what you need to do.

I have a 'strange' weekend ahead - not horrible, but lots of things to think about. DD has been having tap lessons for a while and has a show coming up. We got the rehearsal schedule last week and I have never seen anything like it. It's not the frequency of rehearsals which bothers me - but the length of them. On the day of the first show they have to be at the theatre for 12 and will be there until 9.00 at night. I put my name down as a dresser but was told we couldn't be in the same dressing room as our own children. There's no way DD could do this (plus lots more lengthy rehearsals - major separation anxiety) and so I emailed the dance teacher and said we would have to drop out. Anyway, she wants to speak to me tomorrow with some proposals before I 'make up my mind for good'. Sigh. I thought I had finally made my decision and come to terms with it, but now I have to reconsider. I think she is a bit annoyed with me.

Then I had signed up with a teaching agency and had to put my old boss/Headteacher down as a reference, which put me back on her radar. She phoned me up and offered me a job. I have to think about it over the weekend. It sounds great on paper but it just isn't what I was expecting so it has totally thrown me. I didn't really like my old boss but as I say the job is perfect in every other way. My brain hurts. Don't like thinking.
    Big hugs re the show! It is a hard dilema, but think about what is best for your dd and stick to it. However, we have the same with dance shows (not helping with your childs class), and the mums helping generally all understand, and help. If your dd is only doing tap, then she shouldnt be on stage too much, so maybe she can attend less rehearsal. I find though that the children get so wrapped up in the show that they lose track of time and have so much fun messing around with their friends, that they don't want to go home! Our next show, i think dd will be at the theatre about 5hrs on the thurs pm, 12hrs plus on the sat and then about 9/10 on the sunday!

Can you take the job offer on a temp basis? Good luck xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Big hugs re the show! It is a hard dilema, but think about what is best for your dd and stick to it. However, we have the same with dance shows (not helping with your childs class), and the mums helping generally all understand, and help. If your dd is only doing tap, then she shouldnt be on stage too much, so maybe she can attend less rehearsal. I find though that the children get so wrapped up in the show that they lose track of time and have so much fun messing around with their friends, that they don't want to go home! Our next show, i think dd will be at the theatre about 5hrs on the thurs pm, 12hrs plus on the sat and then about 9/10 on the sunday!

Can you take the job offer on a temp basis? Good luck xxx
    I totally get why they don't want you being your own child's dresser. The problem is DD doesn't really chat to anyone at tap and so just does the lesson and goes home, she's not good at making conversation or at reciprocating when someone attempts to chat to her (great with her school friends now but took a while). I used to love being backstage as much as I loved being onstage when I was younger, but DD will just fret and I have to respect that (she'll love being onstage). If she was in more dances the time would pass quicker but she doesn't have the courage to stay for ballet and modern lessons yet and so she'll only be in one number. I'll see what the teacher offers tomorrow. x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im just glad that dds dance school just let all parents up and you have responsibility for your own child. Don't get me wrong we do all pitch in and help each other. But wow your rehearsal schedule sounds intense the longest rehearsal dd has ever had is 5 hours and that was the first sunday before the show. Always takes longer to the first run through and dd had the part of the snowman and other dances.

Floradora you know you are getting the curved tv dh keeps hinting I keep telling him to keep wishing Enjoy your long walk to scatter Ozzys ashes and the wake x

Loocyloo - glad someone elses weekend is as manic as mine. Im up and contemplating all I have to do and deciding to do nothing
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My son has a party to go to this afternoon so he's off there while I go to watch the football. This morning some local chimney towers are getting brought down so we might go watch that. Then tonight it's home for Strictly, my son was so excited it was back last night!

Tomorrow we're off to see Disney on Ice!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    My son has a party to go to this afternoon so he's off there while I go to watch the football. This morning some local chimney towers are getting brought down so we might go watch that. Then tonight it's home for Strictly, my son was so excited it was back last night!

Tomorrow we're off to see Disney on Ice!
    OMG, towers being pulled down - one of my old mindees would have been in seventh heaven watching that! Enjoy Disney on Ice - I'd love to go to that one day.

So who are we all enjoying on Strictly? I'm not mad about anyone just yet (personality wise), but it's early days...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have been to Childcare Expo in Coventry where I spent a bit of money ... could have been worse but my man kept asking 'where are you going to put it?' in my ear

It was really good and I've come away inspired with lots of new ideas as usual!

Talked to a stall holder who was selling British values bunting - couldn't help myself - asked her if she realised how wrong it was - she got very snotty with me and said someone had asked her for it I hope none of the childminders wasted their money

Taking it easy tomorrow I seem to have a snuffle in my nose

Hope everyone is well xx

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Cathtee I think we are being spoiled rugby and stricty.

So what's everyone's plans.

Anything exciting?

So tomorrow I have ds1 at football for cadets, dd1 at dance, dd2 her second match in goal for her under 8s team, dh has rugby then the England versus wales rugby match.

Sunday I have ds1 on a sailing course again at cadets and ds2 football.

Be glad its Monday for a rest
    Oh yes!!!!! my idea of a fab weekend Rugby oo those legs and strictly Alyash, Peter Andre, and all the men what more can I ask for on these dark cold nights
    Cath

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at a local Childminding Conference today. Now watching Strictly then Dr Who. Good Saturday night TV!

20. Likes cathtee, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The excitement is building for the England match.

No doubt there will be lots of shouting at the tv

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Kick off -11 can't wait, a little longer for strictly waiting for Pasha Yay !!!!!!!!!
    Cath

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooo, watched some of strictly and now dr who 😊

Had a good day .. successful baking 😊 first for fruit scone, first and trophy for ginger biscuits, 2nd for tomato chutney and a first for my grapes!

24. Likes Maza liked this post