Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What re your views on tesco taking ribena and capri sun off sale

because of obesity concerns.

Sugary Ribena and Capri Sun axed from Tesco over child obesity fears - ITV News

Personally I think its a total publicity stunt - I don't see them clearing the shelves off fizzy drinks, chocolate etc etc
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why they have singled out those products..there must be many more on the shelves with higher sugar content . They are still selling mars bars , coke , cigarettes , vodka....( ok the final 2 arent aimed at kids or full of sugar but are dangerous all the same!)

4. Likes FloraDora, FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll start believing they're concerned about obesity when they grass over their mahoosive car parks, converting them into cricket or rugby pitches* and make everyone get a little exercise walking to the shops.

Still, the supermarkets did their bit for the Olympics: selling all the pop and crisps to sustain the children whilst watching someone else exercise on TV. This is borne out by the participation figures which show the failed "legacy" no matter how the politicos try to spin it.

As for the Ribena: gone today in the midst of a profitable press hoo-ha. I've little doubt it will creep quietly back onto the shelves with far less fuss and performance.

* Oh, go on then Fussy - since it's you, I'll even let them build soccer pitches for Oscar Wilde's "rough girls........[and].............delicate boys".

6. Likes FloraDora, FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it is called desperation...low profits mean a good news article is needed ....but nuts to think theses two brands are the sole cause of obesity in children ????? I expect the companies will holler tomorrow !!!

8. Likes FussyElmo, bunyip liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is only the 'sugar-added' versions of these brands that they say they will stop selling... so it is fine to sell the 'sugar-free' overly-sweet-tasting junk, full of chemical artificial sweetners?

World's gone mad.

10. Likes Maza, FussyElmo, Dragonfly liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I'll start believing they're concerned about obesity when they grass over their mahoosive car parks, converting them into cricket or rugby pitches* and make everyone get a little exercise walking to the shops.

Still, the supermarkets did their bit for the Olympics: selling all the pop and crisps to sustain the children whilst watching someone else exercise on TV. This is borne out by the participation figures which show the failed "legacy" no matter how the politicos try to spin it.

As for the Ribena: gone today in the midst of a profitable press hoo-ha. I've little doubt it will creep quietly back onto the shelves with far less fuss and performance.

* Oh, go on then Fussy - since it's you, I'll even let them build soccer pitches for Oscar Wilde's "rough girls........[and].............delicate boys".
    We need more football. rugby, cricket pitches. Out local athletics centre need a lot of money pumping into but sadly I can see that going to rack and ruin.

It saddened me that the tennis courts in my local park only gets nets put up once Wimbledon starts.

So I cant buy my child a capri sun at Tesco but I can buy them a Krispy Kreme doughnut which is famed for its lack of calories
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    It is only the 'sugar-added' versions of these brands that they say they will stop selling... so it is fine to sell the 'sugar-free' overly-sweet-tasting junk, full of chemical artificial sweetners?

World's gone mad.
    I never buy the sugar free/low sugar version of anything! I'd rather the children and myself had proper sugar rather than chemical additives.

13. Likes moggy, Dragonfly, Cavegirl liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I won't give artificial sweeteners to the children - or have them in the house - so we will continue to buy sugar versions, drink in moderation, do lots of exercise and clean teeth properly!

15. Likes moggy, AliceK, Cavegirl, KateA liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If the levels of childhood obesity start to decline I will certainly give credit where credit's due and thank Tesco for their positive contribution.

Somehow I just can't see it happening though

17. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanny state again. she who has just eaten chocolate .Will walk quicker tomorrow!!