Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ITS FRIDAY!!!!

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ITS FRIDAY!!!!

Yay and after a wet day yesterday the sun is shining too.

Well yesterday Nadal went out of Wimbledon but Dustin brown played really well.

I have an early finish tonight so have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No kids today - hooray! (Apart one for breakfast club - how did I get roped into that one? )

Planning on doing two hours catching up on Observations
    Couple of hours doing summary review documents
    and a bit of housework
    (all by 3pm when I have to get my DS from school)

Quiet day, really!

Have a good one, people.

LK

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I had weds and thurs off as hols as my own kids had sports day and end of term! Back to it today! Just 1 little one who is 3 and playing with my dd 10! Feeling a bit bored lol!! I'm not as fun, but first chance to enjoy some sun so...., they are laughing at my massive hat!

4. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely sunny day ...been to toddlers and now playing with water in the garden. Going to have picnic in the shade and when LOs sleep am going to sit in sun and read my book!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't normally work a Friday, but have one lo here today. We're out in the garden enjoying the sunshine

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I don't normally work a Friday, but have one lo here today. We're out in the garden enjoying the sunshine
    A few of the older ones didn't turn up today so a quiter than usual Friday with the added bonus of finishing half an hour early whoop
    Tess1981

Post Thanks / Like

My 6 year old mindee gave me attitude so I put the tv on for her and she glazed over, luckily!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Everything is put away for the weekend and sitting in the garden cool area planning my weekend garden jobs and Tour de France viewing starting tomorrow - French influence meals tomorrow - with friends - to launch the event and Short bicycle ride am first. We usually try to go over the last weekend but with the ferry/ train issues we have decided not to this year...but reluctantly.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watching the Heather Watson match.

Fingers crossed and lots of shouting
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a great day, no EYFS today so watched my DD in her sports day, had lunch out with hubby and then had a big water fight with my after schoolies :-)

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy, we were at Wimbledon yesterday and it was fantastic. We had free tickets and go most years. It's always at short notice, so DD has to come as no time to sort a babysitter. Being 6 though, there's only so much she can take and so we can never stay as long as we used to do. Now that she is 6 though we can at least go in the courts. We just had to watch from Henman Hill until she was 5 - still briliiant though.

DD's school mix up the classes for next year and today they found out which classes they are in. She is not with her best friend. She was in tears when we got home and is really subdued now. I'm gutted for her and very disappointed in her teacher. Oh well, maybe there's a new best friend waiting for her in her new class.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Fussy, we were at Wimbledon yesterday and it was fantastic. We had free tickets and go most years. It's always at short notice, so DD has to come as no time to sort a babysitter. Being 6 though, there's only so much she can take and so we can never stay as long as we used to do. Now that she is 6 though we can at least go in the courts. We just had to watch from Henman Hill until she was 5 - still briliiant though.

DD's school mix up the classes for next year and today they found out which classes they are in. She is not with her best friend. She was in tears when we got home and is really subdued now. I'm gutted for her and very disappointed in her teacher. Oh well, maybe there's a new best friend waiting for her in her new class.
    Oh Maza, that's a shame about your little one. It's such a young age to separate her from a good friend. How lovely of you to let her know that there will be a new best friend waiting for her in her new class.

(My son's class is being split up too, but he won't find out his classmates until September. His school though sent home a note with the children asking them to fill in the names of the 5 children that they learn best with. My son filled his in and is really hopeful that he'll be in the same class as at least some of them. I had to laugh - his number 5 was a girl that he's had a crush on since reception. He's only 7! )

LK

15. Likes FussyElmo, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous would love to go to Wimbledon.

Its a shame when they keep splitting friends up my ds will be with a 15 children who he was with last year. Luckily hes a sociable little boy but I feel for the children who are not

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My ds was with his 2 best friends for nursery and reception and then for yr 1 somehow they separated them and he went to one class and they both went to another. He was heart broken and so was I. He didn't really know anyone in his new class ( 3 classes in each year ) this continued every year although by the time he was in yr 4 and leaving he had made other friends .. But they always stayed together.
    We moved away and it had stood him in good stead to make new friends. However, the 2 other friends were not separated until they went to high school and then REALLY struggled. And even now at the end of yr 8, one of them goes on about ds most weeks ( ds mentions him occasionally! ) ( us 3 mums are still great friends )

It was soooooo hard and I was sooooo sad for him each year, esp as he is such as sensitive soul, but I do think, in hindsight, it meant he could work to his ability, rather than sticking with his mates.

Hugs to you and your dd Maza xxx

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks loocyloo. Yes, we thought it might be 'good' in the long run as we are also possibly moving. It's a shame that they have can't stay in their little bubble forever. x

21. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks loocyloo. Yes, we thought it might be 'good' in the long run as we are also possibly moving. It's a shame that they have can't stay in their little bubble forever. x
    It's soooo hard xxx

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I once toyed with home educating my boys ..I wanted that bubble to last ...I wanted them to have freedom longer .....but my DH was my reality check. School prepares them for coping in the big bad world later when they are supposed to be grown up and able to.
    My youngest had a similar problem once around being split up from friend but this friend was also on a seperate lunch time too! This was when son started playing the drums and used to practise at lunchtimes which took his mind off no best friend to play football with, ( and mean't he practised more than he would have if still with friend) but on other days he soon teamed up with a new crowd to play football with.

At 6 though, little girls friends are extremely important, I feel for you as parents as nobody wants their children to be upset about school.

25. Likes Maza liked this post