Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Bank holiday organising

My oldest is returning from his travels next month and so may stay here fleetingly until he gets a job again. He is assuming that we will welcome him with open arms.....but my house is now set up for childminding....so today I have the task of reorganising the office/ music / craft room to fit in a cot, so they we can!

I also need to think about where I put my CM bedding as each child currently has a drawer each in a chest of drawers with all their bedding, spare clothes etc...and if he is staying for longer than a few days he will need the drawers!! ???

As they left home my boys took their bedroom furniture which now leaves me with just one set of spare drawers in the house - fine usually and when we have weekend or holiday guests I can clear 2 drawers temporarily to give guests a little storage as the CH are not here.

So my task today is to re organise furniture so that I can move cot out of spare guest bedroom into small room, making sure that there is plenty of space around it and that there are no things that child can reach from cot. .......so do I create a spare guest room that has craft items in - but DH won't be able to access them if son is in there? Can I manage to organise so that craft stays but safely out of way? Ideally I do not want to buy any more furniture as Son may only be here for a couple of weeks - he has a storage unit full of my ex furniture in Horsham !
    I have the added problem of the drums and piano, all other instruments are on the wall safely out of way , pity you can't hang drums on the wall !!! Perhaps bedroom could have musical instruments?? But then the LO's play the drums and piano regularly..........

I am putting this task off as I have no answers....except......don't come home I have organised it now ...it works perfectly for your dad and I and my business.......find your own place........which of course I would never say! I know I will love having him back in this country.
    Hence the browsing on here.....

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-):-):-)
    Have fun!

All my minded childrens bedding lives in the airing cupboard and I have a set of plastic drawers in downstairs toilet that holds spare clothes, nappies etc.

Can't help on organising anything else for you! But maybe if you don't make your son too comfortable, he won't stay for too long! My mum made the mistake of clearing a room for my brother when he came back from travelling ... 14 mths on ... He is still there!

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post