Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITS THE WEEKEND

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ITS THE WEEKEND

So far Saturday looks very miserable

My dd1 yesterday had her last official day at school GCSEs start Monday.

Today we have got to drop DS1 at Cosford for his Air Cadets athletics apparently its embarrassing if your Mum goes along to support

So we are going to take the littlest 2 to the Cosford Museum.

Tomorrow we have a football tournament for DS2.

I hope everyone else is as busy
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very wet outside here today!
    Finished work at 3pm- walked the dog then had a bit of a movie night! Cried my eyes out to the fault in the stars!

Alone this weekend hubby away on "exercise" kids staying at school. Think me and the dog are going to visit Ripon canal for a spot of geocaching later. Otherwise not much-it's very very strange!!!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

this morning I have been making bookings for the school summer fair ... ice cream man and the like!
    need to spend half hour max doing next weeks planning and more importantly menu so I can do the food shop later!

DD has dancing, and then we're off shopping as she needs new ballet shoes!

tomorrow apart from band practice and church there is nothing planned and I aim to get my greenhouse sorted! ( actually that helps with with next weeks planning as I need to get a load of seeds planted! )

have a fun weekend everyone!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    It's very wet outside here today!
    Finished work at 3pm- walked the dog then had a bit of a movie night! Cried my eyes out to the fault in the stars!

Alone this weekend hubby away on "exercise" kids staying at school. Think me and the dog are going to visit Ripon canal for a spot of geocaching later. Otherwise not much-it's very very strange!!!
    enjoy the geocaching! its raining here too!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

We are chilling mostly. Next door are replacing the fence between our gardens so just a little work clearing things from their way.

A little homework with ds then recorder practice.

I need a weekend off so im gonna take it :-)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    We are chilling mostly. Next door are replacing the fence between our gardens so just a little work clearing things from their way.

A little homework with ds then recorder practice.

I need a weekend off so im gonna take it :-)
    Me too but there is something on the next few weekends. Usually a football tournament
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Me too but there is something on the next few weekends. Usually a football tournament
    Bless you. I have to admit i dont miss getting ds to martial arts for 9am saturdays. He lost the drive to go last year and i refused to pay if he wasn't going. It was bloomin expensive too so another bonus lol

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    this morning I have been making bookings for the school summer fair ... ice cream man and the like!
    need to spend half hour max doing next weeks planning and more importantly menu so I can do the food shop later!

DD has dancing, and then we're off shopping as she needs new ballet shoes!

tomorrow apart from band practice and church there is nothing planned and I aim to get my greenhouse sorted! ( actually that helps with with next weeks planning as I need to get a load of seeds planted! )

have a fun weekend everyone!
    I just have to share my with everyone .... I've been talking to punch and judy people about performing 2 x 20 mins slot at summer fair ... been quoted around the £160-200 mark which I thought was a lot, but there just isn't anyone local that I can find! ... but just spoke to one chap who is not that far away and he does a 'special offer for school fairs' ... £350 !!!! I think maybe I need to start work as a punch and judy performer!

11. Likes FloraDora, Maza, lollipop kid liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just have to share my with everyone .... I've been talking to punch and judy people about performing 2 x 20 mins slot at summer fair ... been quoted around the £160-200 mark which I thought was a lot, but there just isn't anyone local that I can find! ... but just spoke to one chap who is not that far away and he does a 'special offer for school fairs' ... £350 !!!! I think maybe I need to start work as a punch and judy performer!
    I believe that you are called a 'Professor' if you are a Punch and Judy performer. I once attended a workshop by Professor Glyn Edwards
    What We Do - The Original World Famous Brighton Punch and Judy Show with Prof. Glyn Edwards

As my puppetry skills are beyond useless ( and unfortunately still are ) but he was really good.

If only I had picked up some skills.....£350 would be my one day a week work!

13. Likes loocyloo, lollipop kid liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless you. I have to admit i dont miss getting ds to martial arts for 9am saturdays. He lost the drive to go last year and i refused to pay if he wasn't going. It was bloomin expensive too so another bonus lol
    I know what you mean! DD has tap at 9 on a Saturday and we really struggle! We can set off much earlier in the week for school, but on Saturdays we just can't do it! I think paid hobbies are all really expensive nowadays.

So DD is doing her homework right now (a mountain of it again, yr 1). Then she has a party. Chilling out this evening. Have a couple of emails to answer - one from a lady who clearly thinks I am some sort of casual babysitter.

No plans for Sunday. Need to get DD some new trainers - I think they shrunk when she got them drenched by running through the garden sprinkler over and over again when we had that hot spell a couple of weeks ago.

I'm in quite a bad mood with one of my parents at the moment. Just the usual minor annoyances but this last week they have just taken advantage once too often and it has reminded me of all the little things over the past three years that I have just 'let go' from them. I can't stop thinking about them. Think I need to go for a run to get them out of my system. I have just ordered the little one a nice gift for when he leaves me to start school in Septmeber, because I need to focus on HIM and not his parents. He's a sweetie.

15. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely meal cooked by family last night, all the better for not being the host for a change.
    Up at crack of dawn to do some urban/nature photography, got the idea from a programme I watched in the week. Our nature reserve is next door to a dual carriageway and the ducks are currently doing lots of flocks a flying trips, so I had the idea of taking them flying over a big truck, get the angle right and they would look quite close......in my head!!!
    Spent an hour waiting for truck and duck combination ( I also liked the rhyme) ......took lots of photos of traffic to entertain myself..felt sure cars started to slow down as they approached my bridge, then wondered if They thought I was an official I was dressed in black walking trousers and jacket ..once my creative, imaginative picture happened, but It just didn't work!!! Doesn't look anything more than some birds and a TNT truck.
    Home to delete and dump camera in frustration and drink several Nespresso coffee's !! ( they are only supposed to be drunk on high days and holidays!)
    So my coffee high+ annoyance has helped me clean all the windows, dig over my beans patch and weed the herb garden at the front.
    Spent the last hour reading over all the election fall out, feeling quite sorry for Nick Clegg, nothing like a little bit of empathy to calm you. My intersting facts gleaned from this reading is that although the SNP have 56/59 seats only 50% of the Scottish vote is in those 56 seats and the Green Party actually had just over a million votes, but only one seat......food for thought..
    Spending the afternoon in pamper, nails, nice bath etc as I am off out to a posh do, then back down to earth tomorrow for a one year olds birthday party.
    No rain here ...yet.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I know what you mean! DD has tap at 9 on a Saturday and we really struggle! We can set off much earlier in the week for school, but on Saturdays we just can't do it! I think paid hobbies are all really expensive nowadays.

So DD is doing her homework right now (a mountain of it again, yr 1). Then she has a party. Chilling out this evening. Have a couple of emails to answer - one from a lady who clearly thinks I am some sort of casual babysitter.

No plans for Sunday. Need to get DD some new trainers - I think they shrunk when she got them drenched by running through the garden sprinkler over and over again when we had that hot spell a couple of weeks ago.

I'm in quite a bad mood with one of my parents at the moment. Just the usual minor annoyances but this last week they have just taken advantage once too often and it has reminded me of all the little things over the past three years that I have just 'let go' from them. I can't stop thinking about them. Think I need to go for a run to get them out of my system. I have just ordered the little one a nice gift for when he leaves me to start school in Septmeber, because I need to focus on HIM and not his parents. He's a sweetie.
    I feel for you.

Really? How much homework does dd's school give her? Ds is yr3 and he had 4 spellings in sentences to rewrite and he has to design a front cover for a book and write the blurb for the book.

I have 3 mindees birthdays this month so will think about big school pressies next month or July. June is oh's birthday and our anniversary. Also hes away on a stag weekend so could prove costly!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you.

Really? How much homework does dd's school give her? Ds is yr3 and he had 4 spellings in sentences to rewrite and he has to design a front cover for a book and write the blurb for the book.

I have 3 mindees birthdays this month so will think about big school pressies next month or July. June is oh's birthday and our anniversary. Also hes away on a stag weekend so could prove costly!!
    She has a reading book for each evening (and they are pretty long)
    Eight spellings which have to be copied onto a chart each night
    A maths sheet (number bonds to 20)
    A maths sheet (adding 10 to various numbers)
    We have to find a poem about either the seaside or plants (her topics for this term) and she has to learn it by heart to perform next week.

It's 'doable' but we have to keep on top of it. Can't find a suitable bloomin' poem anywhere.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to find a poem about either the seaside or plants (her topics for this term) and she has to learn it by heart to perform next week.

It's 'doable' but we have to keep on top of it. Can't find a suitable bloomin' poem anywhere.
    Oh wow that is quite a bit!

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Fussy.

Are things calming down after your election night?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-wackie...4.html#QFMSaSV

22. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Hello Fussy.

Are things calming down after your election night?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-wackie...4.html#QFMSaSV

It was brilliant didn't get my deposit back though

24. Likes bunyip liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How about
    'she sells sea shells on the sea shore
    The shells she sells are sea shells I'm sure
    So if she sells sea shells on the sea shore
    Then I'm sure she sells sea shore shells '

26. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How about
    'she sells sea shells on the sea shore
    The shells she sells are sea shells I'm sure
    So if she sells sea shells on the sea shore
    Then I'm sure she sells sea shore shells '
    How about:

"Mary, Mary, quite contrary
    How does your garden grow
    With silver bells and cockle shells
    and Pretty maids all in a row"

(Sea and plants!)

L

28. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Hello Fussy. Are things calming down after your election night? https://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-wackie...4.html#QFMSaSV
    Hahaha that's great!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Tackling my accounts today- not that it's going to take much, as had 3 months off when I moved last summer!!! Nearly done and dusted and looking forward to a tax rebate heehee

Other than that got some head count stuff to file and all uptodate with worky stuff

Dog snoring as been out this morning on the local fields for a couple hours

Oh and need to clean as haven't got my cleaner anymore :-(. Needs must when buying a house!! Hoping contracts to be signed soon Ekkk! Want to go out in my road bike, but don't like going alone as last time I did I ended up getting a puncture and had a bit of a panic attack 10miles from home!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast