Thread: HP instant ink

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HP instant ink

Does anyone use the HP instant ink service?

I have an HP printer, and ink is expensive! ( I've tried re-filled cartridges etc and never been happy with the results ) I do always get it on the best deal I can, but I was reading about the instant ink service and it sounds really good ... pay to print a certain number of pages a month, and the printer tells them when to send more ink! it doesn't matter if you print all the pages as full colour photos or black and white ... the cost is the same. I last paid about £35 for a B&W plus a Colour cartridge ( both XL ) ... the black and white has lasted about 3 months or so, the colour will probably last another month ... so ... about £10/month on ink. ( not all on childminding stuff! but not sure how many pages I do! I probably use a ream of paper every 2 months )

the instant ink is £1.99/mth 50pages, £3.49/mth 100pages or £7.99/mth 300pages ... you then can pay a £1 for an extra set of 15/20/25 pages and if you don't use it all, you can roll over unused pages to the next month.

anyway .. I digress! I'm not advertising it, I was just interested to know if anyone else used it or had looked into it at all? as I've asked a few people, and no one seems to have heard of it!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of it. I need a new printer and was looking at buying one which is compatible with this as I would be very keen to subscribe to it .

xxx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have brought a new hp printer just to sign up for it. had the printer almost out of colour ink already
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using it for 2 months I signed up for £3.99 package but went over last month and paid an additional £3 although this month I think I've remained within my 100 pages. Tbh I find it makes Meier aware so I'm not printing "willy nilly" lol! Also I'm impressed with the quality :-) give it a go.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    I've been using it for 2 months I signed up for £3.99 package but went over last month and paid an additional £3 although this month I think I've remained within my 100 pages. Tbh I find it makes Meier aware so I'm not printing "willy nilly" lol! Also I'm impressed with the quality :-) give it a go.
    Thanks. I think I will :-)

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I've used it for about 5 months now. I pay 7.99 a month and most months go over (but I am a very busy childminder and two teenage children). I have never ran out of ink as it has always been delivered in time, I have no complaints and would highly recommend it.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lick'le Oakes View Post
    Hi I've used it for about 5 months now. I pay 7.99 a month and most months go over (but I am a very busy childminder and two teenage children). I have never ran out of ink as it has always been delivered in time, I have no complaints and would highly recommend it.
    Brilliant. Thanks. As I've only just bought ink I thought I'd spend this month seeing how much I printed ... hmm 5 days in and already 100 pages printed!
    Do you know if it includes pages you photocopy as well as print? I'm guessing it will. I often copy childrens drawings.

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it does the only thing is even if you print one letter on a page it classes it as printing one page on the other hand you can print 4 photographs on one A4 page and it still classes it as one page, so I no longer use Truprint I just print them off myself, and I make sure when printing I check i'm not printing unnecessary pages.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi - just wanted to say that you can cut down on what you print (should you want to) by taking photos of the children's work and then just uploading these onto an online system if you use one.

This is what I do, as I use Tapestry. I only print stuff out now when I'm doing my reports three times a year. Then I print loads, but I do so in B&W as the parents can look online anyway. I can also send them a PDF of the reports so they can print these in colour if they want to.

I was lucky enough to get hold of an old Laser printer and I find the laser cartridges really cost-effective - about £20 lasts me months, plus it's good enough quality for me.

Just saying. Hope it helps.

L