Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Niceties!

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Niceties!

My children are making me laugh again. Littlest came bounding out of school " I have invited Sam for tea" then, waving his hand vaguely towards Sam's mother "Would you please go and observe the niceties?" I had to laugh "Oh is that wrong? I read it in a book" I guessed that!

2. Likes lisbet liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of the mouths of babes...

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it. What a character :-)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brilliant
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ha ha! What about the nicety of asking you if it's ok!?!?

7. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a standing agreement that he can ask friends to play on Thursdays and Fridays (which is when I have space). I just remembered another gem about his friend Sam "Sam is just like me. He's like a brother from another Mother" Me "...and father." Littl'un: "Mmm, possibly".

9. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha that made me smile

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear god I wish there times were the kids made me laugh... from Christmas I have had 2 almost 3 yos fight the whole day I am exhausted and ready to give notice in April when they know if they accepted into pre school... They both will be but both could be different times (same school) and I am going to use this as an excuse as I don't have the room in car to keep both on... I am going to take a cut in pay to save my sanity.. I just don't know which to let go....
    Tess1981

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Dear god I wish there times were the kids made me laugh... from Christmas I have had 2 almost 3 yos fight the whole day I am exhausted and ready to give notice in April when they know if they accepted into pre school... They both will be but both could be different times (same school) and I am going to use this as an excuse as I don't have the room in car to keep both on... I am going to take a cut in pay to save my sanity.. I just don't know which to let go....
    With this age it's all about getting the activity right. I find that you have to play with them a lot to role modal expected behaviour, when you are there playing at their level then you get to see how the arguments happen too. I know children should be able to play for periods of time on their own but if they can't they have to be taught how. You will find if you play all day with them you will be much more relaxed too instead of crisis managing the disputes. It is such a shame that the LO's often end up getting the 'blame 'when it is the role of the adult to find a way to help them - at nearly 3 there is such a lot going on in their head and such a lot still to learn.
    I find my nearly 3 year olds love : running, especially with a wind ribbon. Digging, especially with a big spade or a stick the more over sized the better, finding sticks in the wood. Water play, capacity - but we call it being scientists...anything involving paint or musical instruments....or current favourite mirrors and torches .... We are outdoors more than in when I have a particular energetic little one .....but I do at least a 90 minute activity outdoors everyday anyway.
    It's such a shame that you have lost that enjoyment of play at the moment, but I wouldn't wait until April it's a long way off, reflect on your days and practise asap and I am sure you will find a way to laugh again .....

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

With this age it's all about getting the activity right. I find that you have to play with them a lot to role modal expected behaviour, when you are there playing at their level then you get to see how the arguments happen too. I know children should be able to play for periods of time on their own but if they can't they have to be taught how. You will find if you play all day with them you will be much more relaxed too instead of crisis managing the disputes. It is such a shame that the LO's often end up getting the 'blame 'when it is the role of the adult to find a way to help them - at nearly 3 there is such a lot going on in their head and such a lot still to learn.
    I find my nearly 3 year olds love : running, especially with a wind ribbon. Digging, especially with a big spade or a stick the more over sized the better, finding sticks in the wood. Water play, capacity - but we call it being scientists...anything involving paint or musical instruments....or current favourite mirrors and torches .... We are outdoors more than in when I have a particular energetic little one .....but I do at least a 90 minute activity outdoors everyday anyway.
    It's such a shame that you have lost that enjoyment of play at the moment, but I wouldn't wait until April it's a long way off, reflect on your days and practise asap and I am sure you will find a way to laugh again .....
    I will try... thanks for taking the time to write that reply I have lost all enjoyment in this job at the moment
    Tess1981

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless you Tess. I think we all go through times when everything gets a bit much. It can be blooming hard to deal with energetic toddlers all day, cooking and cleaning and all the household stuff and taking care of your own family. It is hardly surprising that energy levels can take a dip and it gets on top of you. You have had some good advice about dealing with the little ones, but I think it is not always about what you do - sometimes particular children are harder work than they should be for reasons that are outside your control, or certain combinations of children just do not work well together. If it's getting you down, don't feel you have to struggle on as you are. If you need to let one go or change hours, that is your right. You need to look after yourself first and foremost and make sure you have some relaxation and some treats to look forward to - whatever it is that gives you a boost.

15. Likes lollipop kid liked this post