whos at fault here ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default whos at fault here ?

Toddler almost choked to death by safety chain on fairground ride - Parentdish UK

I don't see how its anyone elses fault except the parent that put the child on it !!!!

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

The ride obviously wasn't suitable for the child which is there fault but

The parents were happy to continue riding the rides . I sure as hell would have gone home

They accepted a refund. I would have pure and simple said that was not good enough.

I don't think many 15 month old rides exist that a parent doesn't sit with them as there hardly old enough to appreciate safety and know to sit still so there is no way I would have put them on it. I recently went to peppa pig world which is designed for tiny ones and I can't recall a single ride my tall 2 year old was big enough to go on her own

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Difficult. It seems reading the article that the parents were advised that because the child was 2 feet tall they could go on the ride. I thought though you always went on Fair Ground rides 'at your own risk' and as there was nothing wrong with the ride, nothing faulty then I would say it was at the parents risk they put the child on the ride.

With my parent hat on. What parent puts any 15 month old on a ride on their own??? I used to go on rides with my children until they were 10+ and they lost out because I hate Fair Ground rides so once we got past the Cups and Saucers and little Train Carousels I just avoided Fairs until they were a lot older!! lol!

I think the parents must take some fault the organisers can not control a child's behaviour and this child panicked and wanted to get off. Don't put the child on this kind of ride in the first place?

4. Likes desiderata, funemnx liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have allowed my child at such a young age to go on a ride like that alone, a 15 month child is unpredictable in its reactions. I have many memories of hubby squashed in little rides with ds.

Parent says the child nearly died, if so why did they continue with the rides and not take it to a&e to be checked over

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable. I also wouldn't have put a child that young on a ride like that. You can be told child tall enough but you have to decide if also old enough as the Parent !!!!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed as a parent you would know they were not old enough to understand they have to sit nicely and hold on tight - too young to understand!

For a ride like this where you can't go on it I wouldn't have let me go on something like that until they were at least 5 and would not have out my oldest on it at all when younger as she was terrible for wanting off half way through!

My girls are now almost 8 and 12 an I still go on most rides with them apart from when my youngest goes on the little tots rides xx

8. Likes karen2010 liked this post
    apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with ricky......
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I am gobsmacked that anyone would allow such a little one on a ride alone.

The fairground attendant have their health and safety requirement and criteria which they have to meet when a request has been made to ride the ride which I believe they met. The client has to judge whether they are suitable to take the opportunity to ride (in this case the parents) they did and their judgement was wrong.

As a parent I would be mortified that I made such a bad judgement and put my child in danger. My son can swim but if I threw him in the sea he would drown! But I don't have to be told this. I can just imagine they would kick up a fuss if their child wasn't allowed on any rides which happens at larger fairgrounds/theme parks because parents can't be trusted to make the correct judgement about their childs ability.