Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Surrey CC Learning Journeys

In pre-school we are now using the new pro-formas for the Learning Journeys which are replacing the old Surrey Learning journeys x

They are incredibly simple and very good as they now allow you to observe, summarise and then plan to the EYFS individualy, I will be using the new format for childminding, just wondered if anyone else is using them, or if anyone wants me to share them x

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

really? I knew they were doing new ones but havent heard anything from anyone.better email them to send me a few! thanks for letting us know x

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting x I'd love a copy please x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they the ones where you have to shade in the sqaures depending on where the children are at? I'm intrigued, could you email me a copy?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm needing me some of those !

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good would love a copy

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cs01 View Post
    Are they the ones where you have to shade in the sqaures depending on where the children are at? I'm intrigued, could you email me a copy?
    The first page is for observations etc

the second is a summary to the six areas for those obs

the third is for individual planning (where you find the gaps and use your eyfs book to plan your next steps)

and the fourth is the one where you track the age ranges in the EYFS

I am happy to email them on, just inbox me, unless I am alowed to pop them on here for everyone, I have completed one also and when i have scanned and removed sensitive data can provide an example x

but in all seriousness what takes me 1 hr per learning journey took me 20 mins x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samhunt View Post
    The first page is for observations etc

the second is a summary to the six areas for those obs

the third is for individual planning (where you find the gaps and use your eyfs book to plan your next steps)

and the fourth is the one where you track the age ranges in the EYFS

I am happy to email them on, just inbox me, unless I am alowed to pop them on here for everyone, I have completed one also and when i have scanned and removed sensitive data can provide an example x

but in all seriousness what takes me 1 hr per learning journey took me 20 mins x
    Have sent you a pm. Thanks x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on copyright Sam, wouldn't want you getting in trouble for sharing something that should not be shared, if you get what I mean. Best to check first with whoever produced them.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=cs01;992104]Are they the ones where you have to shade in the sqaures depending on where the children are at? I'm intrigued, could you email me a copy?
    [/QUOTE]

Is it these ones Sam, do you need to colour in the squares?

I dont like these ones at all, almost the same as the birth to three.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

In pre-school we are now using the new pro-formas for the Learning Journeys which are replacing the old Surrey Learning journeys x

They are incredibly simple and very good as they now allow you to observe, summarise and then plan to the EYFS individualy, I will be using the new format for childminding, just wondered if anyone else is using them, or if anyone wants me to share them x
    Hi,

Could i have a copy too please...pretty please!!

Thank you in advance, karen x

Post Thanks / Like

I too would love a copy please Sam

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i too would like to have a look please. Is it better to send you a PM with my email?

Ta

HX

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have spoken to my EYCO and she has said I can share them, there is no copyright x

So I am happy to pop them on here for all to see x just tip me the wink, am still happy to email them on, just PM me Email addys x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you pop them on here please so we can have a peek.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

erm lets hope this has worked, used to doing photos not files x

now just got to work out how to put up completed sheets that I have done x

Attached are the new proformas for the Surrey Cc Learning Journey and then copies of a filled out journey.

The first page is for recording observations, photos etc., then you highlight the areas of learning on the right hand panel that the obs/photos cover.

The second page allows you to summarise your obs, in the six areas of learning.

The third page allows you to then plan for the areas you need to cover, this is when you need to cross reference with the EYFS book.

I hope this all makes sense, now my ECO told me that we were to use these instead of the old learning journeys, and that we should fill one out per child approx twice a term to provide a 'snapshot' of the child's development, and that the individual planning sheet we then use one at a time until achieved, so giving us at least 12 planning articles per child per term.

As a child minder depending on who your LO's are and when they come that this would be a reasonable amount and I think is probably less than most of you are already doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

These are the completed samples which I did last week, they show the obs page, then a summary of obs page and then the the individual planning which you plan to each area using interests, one area a week x

hope this helps, MODS feel free to sort out my files

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sam. We were given these on a planning and obs course last year.

But i must admit i prefer the old LJ i just think they look so much more professional.

Some of us have changed over and some have not. I use some of the sheets but not all of them.

I would be interested to see what Sarah thinks of them.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, but our EYCO has told us they are a work in progress, and want as much feedback as possible to assist with improvement. I like the way its all on one sheet, for me when I can have up to 9 key children, hoofing through the pages is a total bind, and it could take me 1 hr to complete what I needed in just one folder, I have done 3 of 6 this year and I now have it down to 10 mins, which is a considerable improvement in my eyes x

One of my colleagues is staying on the old journeys, her choice, but she was a little miffed when my boss told her she would have to print her own old style learning journeys at her own cost, as we were no longer supporting them through work, I have two old style learning journeys, I can post them to anyone who wants them, as Surrey are no longer producing them x

I am tempted to use them, but tweek them for my own personal use as there are a few things I think can be done better x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[Q

I
    am tempted to use them, but tweek them for my own personal use as there are a few things I think can be done better x
    [/QUOTE]

Yes go on, i think Ofsted would be impressed, reflective practice and all that.

But if you dont i will have them off you, i would pay for the P&P of course. But if i were you i would be tempted to try and earn a few brownie points with Ofsted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast