Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how do you do yours ?

Hope I am going to explain this right

When you do your learning story/observation and we write down the area of leaning and what it means to us........

Do we have to put down the age and what it came under

eg : Photo of mindee and cm having a dance and smiling............X you feel safe and secure with your special people J and G.
    Can we just put down PSED or do we have to write..... self confidence and self esteem, making relationships 8-20 months

On all of them

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You do whatever works best for you, there is no right or wrong way. I do write the full thing out like you have put, including the age and details but I know some childminders that don't. I like to have as much detail as possible so I can show how the child is developing and progressing.
    Pixie Dust

Penny1959 Guest

I do not write all that by photo, just either my comment or childs comment about photo.

I use the Pathway Profile (from Worcestershire LA - and really just all the EYFS statements) and then next to each statement just put where the evidence of this is. I share this with parents and add info from parents if child shown development at home - even if not seen my self.

I am going to try to attach the 'development matters bit of the profile so you can have a look - hope it works - first time tried to do this!
    Last edited by Penny1959; 18-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try to attach the 'development matters bit of the profile so you can have a look - hope it works - first time tried to do this![/QUOTE]

That's really good. Do you mind if I copy it to my PC and use some of it for my Cm's?

Thanks

Jess xx
    Kids are my business

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juejue View Post
    Hope I am going to explain this right

When you do your learning story/observation and we write down the area of leaning and what it means to us........

Do we have to put down the age and what it came under

eg : Photo of mindee and cm having a dance and smiling............X you feel safe and secure with your special people J and G.
    Can we just put down PSED or do we have to write..... self confidence and self esteem, making relationships 8-20 months

On all of them

I do it the long way! I would use the photo along side the observation, link it to the the exact development matters (like penny's link, with all the stepping stones all written out, I use photocopy of framework and highlight it) but do at least 2/3 obs before I completly highlight it, so when I first spot it, I would kinda do a line, then make a triangle which would mean the child has reached that outcome sorry, it makes noooooooo sence!!

What I am saying is you have to see something more than once, unless it is really plain that yes the child has reached it!

argh it is a sunday morning teehee

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mykidsrock View Post
    I am going to try to attach the 'development matters bit of the profile so you can have a look - hope it works - first time tried to do this!
    That's really good. Do you mind if I copy it to my PC and use some of it for my Cm's?Thanks

Jess xx[/QUOTE]

It is ok with me - I was involved in the working party that came up with Worcestershire's documentation - but I did not produce it - however the bit I have attached is from EYFS so don't think Worcestershire can complain if shared with others - I have not attached the first part of the pathway profile as that does belong to Worcestershire.

Penny