Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Printers

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Printers

The pressure building up in my head right now is about to make my eyes pop out.

I hate printers. Printers should be banned. Destroyed. Incinerated. Disintegrated. Annihilated. Removed from civilised society.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post

I hate printers. Printers should be banned. Destroyed. Incinerated. Disintegrated. Annihilated. Removed from civilised society.

I quite agree.

despite sitting next to the computer, the computer frequently can not find the printer!

4. Likes BallyH, singingcactus liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you need to borrow a hammer?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes singingcactus liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have three printers, whenever I want to print something the inks always need changing, I try another as I want to quickly print something off...and the third is the same ..why when it's on my shift does this always happen!

8. Likes singingcactus liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I quite agree.

despite sitting next to the computer, the computer frequently can not find the printer!
    I get that too.

My biggest problem at present is that nobody can find the TalkTalk webmail page, so I've had no access to email for over 48 hours. There's some fibbing message about "improvement to our site" but it's obviously a bigger thing than that. Expect they've been hacked again.

10. Likes BallyH, singingcactus liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ours is supposed to be wifi but we've hard wired it and it tends to find it now...

Then the ink has run out or there isn't any paper because the kids have nicked it for their latest project

I feel your pain xx

12. Likes singingcactus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I join your I hate printers club please? My printer constantly gives me a headache as it goes "offline" so I have to turn it off and then back on again every time I want to print something! I also share Sarah's pain at no paper as the children always find it much easier to take it from the printer rather than the packet next to the printer!

14. Likes singingcactus liked this post
    Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got so frustrated with our last printer that I let my older mindees take it apart with a screw driver- definitely recommend it as an activity! Children fully engaged for hours and I felt much better seeing it in hundreds of pieces in a tuff tray!!!

16. Likes singingcactus liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evie125 View Post
    I got so frustrated with our last printer that I let my older mindees take it apart with a screw driver- definitely recommend it as an activity! Children fully engaged for hours and I felt much better seeing it in hundreds of pieces in a tuff tray!!!
    ☺ooo i like that!

I solved the ink issue by signing up to HP instant ink ... The printer talks to something and when ink running low ... new ink appears in the post.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when I sneakily print something off during the day, and as its printing one of the toddlers will bring the printout to you sheet by sheet all crumpled !!!

19. Likes singingcactus, FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

☺ooo i like that! I solved the ink issue by signing up to HP instant ink ... The printer talks to something and when ink running low ... new ink appears in the post.
    Hp instant ink? Sounds amazing, tell me more! :-)

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post

Hp instant ink? Sounds amazing, tell me more! :-)
    You need an HP printer and it has to be 'instant ink' compatible. If you Google you can find the website which will tell you. You generally need a newish printer I think.
    Then you sign up and pay X amount a month ... ( depending on how much printing you do a month. ) Then you get those 'free' copies and only a little charge if you print more. Unused pages are rolled over to the next month. I pay £7.99 a month for 300 copies and I usually roll some over. You get charged for a page if it's got one dot on it or a whole A4 photograph!
    It works out for me at about 2p a page where as, when I costed my old ink, it was about 6/7p a page.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha so glad I am not the only one. Still haven't gotten round to sorting the problem yet as had to take the bunny to the vets last night (thought he was going to be put to sleep but WOOHOO he is all good). I printed some stuff off on friday and tried to put that into the learning storybooks only to discover I have packed all my poly-pockets.
    I am just about ready to explode. Modern tech...pah. Make life easier....pah!! Never had this problem when I did all the journals by hand haha.

Have told all the parents I am emailing them the pages and they can print them off for the kids new nurseries lol.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need an HP printer and it has to be 'instant ink' compatible. If you Google you can find the website which will tell you. You generally need a newish printer I think.
    Then you sign up and pay X amount a month ... ( depending on how much printing you do a month. ) Then you get those 'free' copies and only a little charge if you print more. Unused pages are rolled over to the next month. I pay £7.99 a month for 300 copies and I usually roll some over. You get charged for a page if it's got one dot on it or a whole A4 photograph!
    It works out for me at about 2p a page where as, when I costed my old ink, it was about 6/7p a page.
    I got an HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago from Curry's, think it cost about £50 - signed up to instant ink, 50 pages for £1.99 a month, I won't use all of that as I do on line journals but it's not going to break the bank and I always have a spare cartridge here for when it does run out. What I dread is paper jams as my printer is buried in corner of desk under things that really should be filed and it's a nightmare to get to back of it.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaahh, but does it change the ink cartridges for you? Now that would be worth paying for. It's bad enough when the paper runs out mid printing and then it still tells you it's run out even though you have put new paper in so you take it out, half the load, do a little giggly dance with the paper edge on the table, fan it then place it in the printer gently but all I ever want to do it ram the damn thing in and then try my best to press 'copy' button gently when at this stage my mind is trying desperately to remember where the hammer is stored! Hold my breath till it prints.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    Aaahh, but does it change the ink cartridges for you? Now that would be worth paying for. It's bad enough when the paper runs out mid printing and then it still tells you it's run out even though you have put new paper in so you take it out, half the load, do a little giggly dance with the paper edge on the table, fan it then place it in the printer gently but all I ever want to do it ram the damn thing in and then try my best to press 'copy' button gently when at this stage my mind is trying desperately to remember where the hammer is stored! Hold my breath till it prints.
    Hahaha, this is awesome.

Well to top off my printer troubles this week, last night I got the blue screen of death on my laptop. I felt so sick cos I thought all the photos of my sons were on it. Thankfully I have found most of them on dropbox, which is where they were supposed to be but I had it in my head that I had transferred them to the laptop for some reason. Anyhow, my 20yo has managed to reboot the laptop anyway so all is good again. Just need to get that poxy printer sorted now, which is currently sat behind about 20 packing boxes