Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: daily diary

Registered Childminder since
    nov2000
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD WITH A
    Post Thanks / Like

Default daily diary

Please can you tell me what you all put in your daily diary? Not in the children's but yours thanks sue xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use an A4, page per day diary.

At the top of each page I put the names of the children due, what I have planned for the day, and specific resources I need to get out and anything I need to remember for that day. That's all completed in advance.

During the day I write the times the children arrive and leave (that's in the register as well), morning hand over notes (so anything parents tell me in the morning), what we did during the day, anything I want to make a note of (eg. X was a bit grizzle today, Y didn't eat lunch), notes of things the children did that I want to remember (eg. X counted to 12), what food I've given the children, afternoon hand over notes (anything I tell parents) and anything I need to take forward from the day (eg. remember I've told Y we can do painting tomorrow).

I uses the Saturday page for some notes on self assessment and to record any CPD. The Sunday page is used for the next week's planning and things I need to do.

At the back of the diary I have the children's details & contact numbers and I use it to record payments I receive.

3. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Doh .. I read it as children's not mine! Edited to delete what I did write!

I don't have a daily diary as such. I have a sheet on the wall with ideas for this week/vague plan and space for ideas for next week!
    I then put anything else on the wall calendar as I have a column for childminding as well as each family member! This has which children and planned activities such as toddlers, music etc
    Last edited by loocyloo; 17-03-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's coming that day, meals and snacks planned, any planned activities.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My diary says things like "up date LJ's, or check wording on a certain policy, practice fire evacuation, do Accounts, write a variation letter, send home holiday letter, D's mum's birthday - D to make card