Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do we need a VISITORS POLICY

hello,
    is a visitors policy a must?
    ( I used to do visitors book but have stopped as only a few childminder friends come to see me during the day and I always forgot to make them sign.)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it included in my safeguarding policy that visitors will be limited while I am working, that no visitors will be left alone with the children, that I will check ID of any visitors I don't know etc etc.

I don't have a separate policy.

3. Likes moggy, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the pre reg course atm and they have requested that we have a visitors policy and log book/record

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarara View Post
    I'm doing the pre reg course atm and they have requested that we have a visitors policy and log book/record
    Although a visitors book is considered good practice, no where in the EYFS stat guidance does it say that Childminders have to have one. I have never had one, my inspector back in November didn't ask to see one and I got Outstanding. As Mouse said, I just mention in my Health & Safety Policy & Safeguarding Policy that I will not leave the children in a room with anyone not CRB checked.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Simona Guest

Agree with Mouse and HH....do not create anymore policies/paperwork than necessary
    Those who train new cms need stop adding unnecessary paperwork to our work load.

8. Likes hectors house, cupcake22 liked this post