7 areas of learning are now 6 (help please)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 areas of learning are now 6 (help please)

I am going to have an inspection on 18/8. I have been registered for ages but havent had any children. Hopefully as my daughter has changed school in September that might help.
    I have been told the 7 areas of learning are now 6 but cannot find the ongoing assessed record sheets for 0-60 months for 6 areas. Any idea where I can find them would be most appreciated. Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo1 View Post
    I am going to have an inspection on 18/8. I have been registered for ages but havent had any children. Hopefully as my daughter has changed school in September that might help.
    I have been told the 7 areas of learning are now 6 but cannot find the ongoing assessed record sheets for 0-60 months for 6 areas. Any idea where I can find them would be most appreciated. Thanks
    Who told you that?!
    No change in Areas of Learning since 2012, they were 6 and now 7. See Development Matters:
    https://www.early-education.org.uk/development-matters

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry panicking she said was 6 now 7 but said dont use evelopment matters any more Early Years Outrcomes
    So a bit confused on that
    so what I have from 2012 is ok? but she has given me new sheets

So now is says PSE, CLL, PSRN, KUW, CD, PD, where before it said PSE, CLL, PSRN, KUW, PD CD which is exactly the same but where is the 7

I am getting really confused

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry panicking she said was 6 now 7 but said dont use evelopment matters any more Early Years Outrcomes
    So a bit confused on that
    so what I have from 2012 is ok? but she has given me new sheets

So now is says PSE, CLL, PSRN, KUW, CD, PD, where before it said PSE, CLL, PSRN, KUW, PD CD which is exactly the same but where is the 7

I am getting really confused
    Right, take a deep breath... download Development Matter I sent a link for and yes, there is 'Early Years Outcomes' too now but it is not as good as DM (neither are Statutory so it is not a case of use one and not the other, EYO is basically just a summary of DM to make it simpler).

Early Years outcomes document is here, scroll down to find it:
    EYFS Statutory Framework

The 7 areas are now:

Prime Areas:
    PSED
    PD
    CL

Specific Areas:
    Literacy
    Maths
    Understanding the World
    Expressive Arts and Design

It is all explained in DM and EYO.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much thought I was doing something wrong. I have EYFS statutory framework 2014 printed off but that doesnt start to 1st september. I havent looked through to see if any changes yet, hopefully not too much. Thanks again

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much thought I was doing something wrong. I have EYFS statutory framework 2014 printed off but that doesnt start to 1st september. I havent looked through to see if any changes yet, hopefully not too much. Thanks again
    The changes you will find in the new 2014 EYFS version are listed for you in the Foundation Year link I sent:

EYFS Statutory Framework

scroll down to where it says:

Quick reference guide to the changes – EYFS framework 2014

This document contains all the changes from the 2012 framework that apply to the new 2014 EYFS framework.

Download Quick reference guide to the changes

Simona Guest

You are not doing anything wrong but it is worrying that someone is giving you such wrong information and making you confused about the 7 areas of learning
    Is this someone from the LA? or just another cm?

There are not many changes to EYFS 2014 but some of the policies will need to be updated...if not all.... especially with the new SEND...don't leave it until 31 August...start now

Moggy has posted all the useful links for you
    Good luck

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Passed my inspection thank god, but will only get a met as i dont have children. hopefully soon