Online Learning Journey
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Online Learning Journey

Hi All, I'm really considering changing to an online learning journey. I was hoping to find one that I could include daily diaries into (I've only been childminding 2 weeks and already one mum has not returned the daily diary!)

Would somebody please PM me with any feedback or recommendations you may have

Thanks xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I've been minding for just 4 months and have a similar problem with several parents - very frustrating!!
    I have approached a company who offer this service to request an info pack so would be very interested to hear others views!
    It looks as if you can upload photos and observations direct from phone or iPad and has parental responses available etc so great for sharing info...
    Hopefully this would also minimise duplicating daily diaries, planning, obs etc...
    Does anyone have advice or an opinion on these?
    Thanks xx

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Tapestry from the early years forum since May and it's great - getting far more feed back on my observations than I ever did with my paper one and some parents have added photos and observations too - I have also given Nursery Key workers a password and one Nursery is great at adding comments and even an observation too.

You could use it as a daily diary but there isn't a template you would just have to do it as an observation but then is that child going to want to look back over their LJ in years to come and see how many poo's they did! I have a daily diary template that I made myself and I e-mail a copy to parents each evening.

The children like looking at the photos on their journals and it's great as I can also add video clips - one problem is that when I convert the LJ to PDF when child finishes obviously the videos aren't included, but I'm giving parents the option that I can save them to CD or memory stick if they supply it.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great, thankyou! I've just signed up to one with a free trial but I will also look into Tapestry aswell xx

5. Likes shortstuff, hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was considering tapestry but let me know what you think of your free trial...
    Good luck with your new venture!!
    Xx

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with tapestry and have been since April 2013 love it!

I have done reviews on here before, when I'm on te iMac I'll link them into this post xx

8. Likes hectors house liked this post