childrens learning journals
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default childrens learning journals

Hello, I have my first child starting soon & would like ideas & templates from anyone for the eyfs learning journal, I would like to design my own with spaces for photos & gaps to put in post it notes with my observations but not sure where to start
    Thank you x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deannalouise View Post
    Hello, I have my first child starting soon & would like ideas & templates from anyone for the eyfs learning journal, I would like to design my own with spaces for photos & gaps to put in post it notes with my observations but not sure where to start
    Thank you x
    Very hard to advise on how you should do a LJ...especially when you say you want to devise your own style and so you should as you are unique.

Have you any other CM you could share your ideas or look at how she does it?
    would you be able to contact someone in the EY team for initial support?...be mindful though they often prescribe their own paperwork

The EYFS wants us to record a child's progress in Learning and Development from starting points to planning next steps...observe and then do a summative assessment of what they have achieved and move them on

Over time you will review your LJ anyway and adapt it to your needs and ...above all...have a format you feel comfortable with so you can discuss at inspection and with the parents

Hope this helps but do come back if you need more support