learning journey is this ok
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default learning journey is this ok

Hi can someone have a look at this page out my learning journey and let me know if its ok? Im worried its messy and unorganised and ofsted wont understand it. Some is written on the post it notes some on the page.
    Hopefully the photos are clear enough.
    Oh and this is my daughters I am making so no worries about concent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine are similar with added photos.
    When I do a summative assessment ( round up of development every 6 mths or so ) I then stick this in on the next page. I also add in bits of art work or photos of creations.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that looks fine as long as it covers what was achieved and what it covered you should be fine. You do need photos though to back up what you're saying!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both just wanted a bit of reasurrance.
    I have added photos and artwork too this is the other page ive done
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I don't think Ofsted are bothered how it's set out (well they weren't bothered by mine during inspection) they were more interested in the content and what it linked to, and how next steps evolved etc x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kidston View Post
    Thank you both just wanted a bit of reasurrance.
    I have added photos and artwork too this is the other page ive done
    looks great well done.

when we started having to do LJs, I took mine ( well, DDs ) to show DDs reception teacher as it was new to them too, and she was 'Head of EYFS' for the school ... we do need reassurance that we are doing the right thing. ( DDs was then borrowed by teacher, so she could have a further example of what she was wanting to do, as school were having to do 120, so didn't want to play around too much and have to keep changing things! )

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it works for you and you can show how you've linked it all up and how the child is progressing then it's fine I struggled with mine for years but now love them

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybeaa View Post
    I think that looks fine as long as it covers what was achieved and what it covered you should be fine. You do need photos though to back up what you're saying!
    You don't need photos - there is nothing in the EYFS to say that we need them. Most people just choose to use them. I have stopped due to costs. My daughters school use them but pretty badly in my opinion. They are just snap shots of my child and some photos in her LJ are not even of her!!! She has about 5 photos of class visitors. They don't belong in a LJ - what on earth do they tell me about my daughter's learning?? I can look at those photos on the school website - I certainly don't want a hard copy cluttering up my home! I would rather the TA have spent that valuable time listening to my daughter read than printing out/cutting out/sticking random photos in an 'Learning Journey'. I will certainly be mentioning it on my end of year evaluation form. Okay, rant over, sorry. What I am trying to say is that as long as everything you write is relevant then you will produce a great document. x

10. Likes Dragonfly liked this post