Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYO and observations

Hi everyone, havent been on the forum for a while ( unfortunately) as ive only just read on here that we are meant to do our obs againsg the eyo not development matters! Shows how out the loop I am,

Have you all adapted your paperwotk to do this?? Or what are you doing? Just seems as soon as I get used to something it changes!

Very confussed now. Any help appreciated. Thanks x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kat27 View Post
    Hi everyone, havent been on the forum for a while ( unfortunately) as ive only just read on here that we are meant to do our obs againsg the eyo not development matters! Shows how out the loop I am,

Have you all adapted your paperwotk to do this?? Or what are you doing? Just seems as soon as I get used to something it changes!

Very confussed now. Any help appreciated. Thanks x
    You can use DM or EYO ...whichever you prefer....neither are statutory...in fact you can use any other method you like as long as you can discuss with the inspector.
    Inspectors though have to judge outcomes against the EYO guidance...although some still say they like DM...but that is another matter decided by the DfE!!!!

You can use DM to plan the Next Steps for each child based on their interests and what you know from their starting points
    Look at PR and EE to provide the best support and resources for the children, scaffold and extend their learning
    Observe how they progress, what they do and say and look at the Characteristics of Effective Learning...how do the children like to learn and how you adjust your teaching to suit their style

When it comes to making a summative assessment of their progress use EYO to see they have got to that point...are they emerging in their learning? or as expected for age and stage or are they well beyond that and exceeding?

Hope it helps

3. Likes moggy liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks simona! X