Lj softwear
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lj softwear

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lj softwear

I am completely paper based and I like it but hate sending them home as they take me along time to create. I email the childrens I can reviews to parents every 3 months.
    But I'm thinking about using something on iPad or laptop to complete paperwork. I'm starting my degree in October so any time I can save would be fantastic, also hubby works with me who doesn't enjoy filling out the journals so wondering if the other programmes are quicker and easier and worth doing?

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in any replies you get as I have been thinking about this only... I've got 16 children on my books so not sure if it will work!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use a halfway house in Orbit Early Years. I do all my observations and assessments using it but still print them out and stick in the LJ with other photos and summary assessments. It does take a little while to do a paper LJ but parents like the effort I put in

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Like MTK007 I use an app...I use 2simple.

I can record obs and put in next steps ect...then if required the parents can have a PDF of their child's week emailed to them.

I do still do a paper based LJ however apps such as orbit and 2simple do help to save a little time...

I also use an app to do the majority of my planning too...make my Dayplan it's called.

I have now stated to all parents that LJ's are not to leave my house after one was lost

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this! I am just starting out as the whole LJ thing is a bit daunting at the moment. Just had a quick look at these apps and they look like they will be a great help.