Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Quick question

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question

I have a son who is in reception. For Ofsted purposes do I need to have any paperwork for him, such as learning journals, observations, next steps etc? It seems like a waste of time as he is my child and I know what stage he is at in regards to the EYFSP.

Any advice appreciated

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

you don't need to as he is both in reception and your own. you don't need an LJ for any of your own children, though if it were me I probably would it's such a lovely learning record and I pass them on to nursery, recpetion to share before they go on so I'd want my own children's teachers to have the same info.

However, as your son is already in reception I'd say 'no'. Ofsted won't expect to see anything anyway but what they advise for reception is that you can show you are planning and linking their school activities with what you offer. So it shows good practice to do same for your own children.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

3. Likes Trpta108 liked this post
    Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you don't need to have a learning journal for your own children although some childminders like to for practice and because it can be a nice thing to look at in the future.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    you don't need to as he is both in reception and your own. you don't need an LJ for any of your own children, though if it were me I probably would it's such a lovely learning record and I pass them on to nursery, recpetion to share before they go on so I'd want my own children's teachers to have the same info.

However, as your son is already in reception I'd say 'no'. Ofsted won't expect to see anything anyway but what they advise for reception is that you can show you are planning and linking their school activities with what you offer. So it shows good practice to do same for your own children.
    You got there before me

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I already link the activities I do with him to school but I don't record it. I guess I could just write it out on my planning sheets.