Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My plan for my learning journals, please add opinions

Hi, Im returning to childminding after being off on maternity leave and once again the EYFS has changed while I have been off however, this evening I have spent it downloading from this site and feel quite confident in what I now know, and actually prefer the way the areas of learning are now broken down into prime and specific areas etc.

So this is so far what Im thinking the learning journals will look like:

Page 1: All about me, photo of child, name, age, date started
    Page 2: My starting points - info from other settings and parents, what I can do, likes and interests, fears, etc.
    Page 3: Breakdown of 7 areas of learning and the chart showing the ages and usual learning for each area and elgs. Highlight them once observed
    Page 4:Yearly Plan showing festivals and celebrations and Planning for first month using info from page 2
    Page 5: Observations, includes photos with short sentence, a mini observation in a star shape for each prime and specific area and with a tick box for the broken down points (what is the correct term for this please, brain is sleeping?!) over the space of a month - with a little idea bubble coming off of it showing next step ideas, plus 1 in depth observation every month. At the end include the observation and next step tracker to see what areas may need including more in the next month
    Page 6: Planning from all of the obs. on page 5 using the next steps and also incorporating any other areas from our monthly theme. Planning to include a weekly group plan, weekly ilp, and monthly spider chart planner for parents and a more in depth one of activity ideas for myself.
    Page 7: Repeat again starting with observations.
    Every 6 months include a written assessment.

Alongside this I will be using daily diaries and every week I will pop a little note in about what we plan to do the next week and any topics we will be looking at and area's of learning that they may want to discuss/do at home.
    Send home a spider type chart showing each area of learning and the aspects (is that the right term?) that we will be learning about that month ..... including next steps so they have an idea of our planning that they can keep at home. My sons school do this and its great as I stick it on the fridge and look at it every few days to prompt me to get an idea about what he is learning.

Am I going along the right lines here ........ I used to do a lot of in depth writing for plans and obs but from what Ive seen, it looks good to have a few different sheets for planning - groups, ilp etc. but to keep it short and to the point? Oh and in there on most pages include input from parents and other settings etc.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is similar except I overview the month rather than week.

If you go to activity ideas area of the forum I put my feb group plan and play plan in there

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be on the right tracks then, will take a look, monthly sounds better too, thanks