Weekly Activity Sheet and Obs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly Activity Sheet and Obs

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to organize Learning journal of a 8 months old baby. Not sure where to put weekly activity sheets and weekly obs. Do I need to make a separate folder for each? Also I did the tracking sheets last month(first time) and I am thinking do I need to write an assessment on top of this? If that's the case what kind of things do I need to write and how long it should be?
    Many thanks.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should have -

Child information - from parents - about what the child is doing at home

Starting points - your initial observations of the child's learning and development. YOu cannot show a child is making progress unless you know where they started from!

Routine - for each child which must be shared with parents

Ongoing observations, assessments and individual planning - showing what the child is doing / saying while with you

Development Matters statements - which you can use to show that the child is making progress

Summary assessments are really useful because you will be able to see whether the child is struggling in any of the areas of learning and development - but they are not a requirement.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah just wanted to clarify:

I have put 'all about me sheet'(although parents returned it 2 months later)
    Tracking sheet- What baby is able to do. I suppose this is taken as starting point.Am I right?
    Routine- I am using daily diary or do I need to add a separate sheet in the folder?
    Weekly observations and weekly activity sheet with am and pm activity.(just started doing it) Is weekly assessment something different?
    Development matters I use to plan for next steps. Is this is the way to show that the child is making progress?
    Summary assessment how often do you do it? Is this is a summary of all the observations after a certain period?

I 've been looking after this baby for two months and she is now 8 months.She has made progress and I will be doing tracking again in December (8 weeks after the initial one). Sorry Sarah I am asking too many questions but I am really nervous about my first inspection.

Many thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you have everything you need. I do 6 monthly summaries for my children - they are not long or complicated.

Ofsted are looking for your educational programme - how you are supporting the child to make progress AND the progress the child is making. It needs to be clear so they can see next steps clearly.

Hth