Dumb childminder alert
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumb childminder alert

Hi all,

Catching up with my learning journals today (and acutually quite enjoying it!).

Do you link EVERYTHING you put in your learning journals to the EYFS and also do next steps for everything. FOr instance one of my mindees walking home from school was talking about dinosaurs. i mentioned that dinosaurs were no longer about and he said 'thats because they are extinct sarah'. Smart eh! I have put a caption explaining this in his learning journey (which i do as a scrapbook) I have linked it to the EYFS AND done next steps - did I HAVE to do that?

Heres hoping i am making sense!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't link everything.

I have a page in my LJs which I use for things like that - things mindees have said, things they have done. I have 8 speech bubble type shapes on a page and write in those. They're things you want to note, but don't really have need linking or next steps.

Like you've found, you can link everything if you want to, but personally I don't think you need to. It's nice to have a few bigger obs with linking & next steps, but then it's nice to have lots of little wow moments as well

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mouse, thats very useful. Its nice to do a few wow moments without making it too long winded!

Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I don't link everything.

I have a page in my LJs which I use for things like that - things mindees have said, things they have done. I have 8 speech bubble type shapes on a page and write in those. They're things you want to note, but don't really have need linking or next steps.

Like you've found, you can link everything if you want to, but personally I don't think you need to. It's nice to have a few bigger obs with linking & next steps, but then it's nice to have lots of little wow moments as well
    Hi Mouse, i like the idea of this - for example mindee said this week 'mummy at work in blue car' this is the sort of thing i could put in the speech bubbles? do you have a page per month or something or do you just write it in with the date? thanks
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do something similar to mouse. I work on the school half terms so for example I would have my obs as normal in LJ but then I would head a page Oct to Dec and any photos of the children or wow moments go onto these pages. Sometimes there are loads other times only a few.