Evidencing development
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Evidencing development

Do you show evidence/observation that a child has reached EVERY point within the age range of development matters before you highlight they are able and ready to move onto next age range? I struggle to show an observation for each single sentence given but feel if I highlight it off Ofsted will want to see 'proof' the child can do it.
    How do you all do yours? X
    Last edited by toddlersup; 24-05-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No you do not need to do that!

The Development Matters document is not a tick list - it cannot possibly list everything a child does or says... equally children do not always (as you so rightly say) do everything the DM document suggests.

You need to look at an overview of your observations - is the child achieving? Is the child developing well? What are parents saying? How is the child progressing?

From these judgements you will know when it is time to move them up a stage

jumpinjen Guest

I get the next stage out when most of the statements are highlighted - I look at the statements every three months, with parents, and add in their input also then we make some plans together - focus areas really such as encouraging creativity if it seems that the child isn't engaging much in those areas, or introducing some new activities for a specific area that the child is more advanced in to push them along further. The children can be in one age range for CLL say, and the next one up, or the one below for PSED maybe so you may find you have two on the go at one time anyway! Does that make sense? I also don't have evidence for them all -either me or parents have seen it though and if I've seen enough of it or parents have then I highlight it as achieved.

Jen x

Jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for clarifying. X