Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LJ

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LJ

Do I have to link everything in a child's LJ to the EYFS? When I first started doing them I was doing a lot of formal obs but now I've become more comfortable with the EYFS I use one line statements etc. and only do one formal ob every few weeks. I try to put a lot of photos in to my LJ's as this is what parents like to look at the most but do I need to link every photo to the EYFS?

For example I would just like to do a one line statement under a photo saying something such as 'this is me enjoying our easter egg hunt'. Is this OK as I see the LJ as being more of a summary of the child's time with me?

Thanks

Kirsty xx

jumpinjen Guest

I have made stickers with the areas of L and D on them and I circle the areas an ob or picture covers and then write a short paragraph elaborating on that - I stick it next to the photo on my LJ.

Jen x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything in my lj's are linked to etfs and next steps and that info is used for planning. Extra photos and pieces of work I still want to share with parents go into the daily diary with no links.

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really confused with linking obs (

Do you just say which L&D and aspect?

E.g. PSED - Self care

Or do I need to go into detail as to which one it is in the list under self care? E.g. The fourth one in the list is - uses a comfort object.

I wouldn't have the space to write all of this in the LJ, or do some people number the list and have a copy at the front for people to know what the link was?

Thanks so much, am hoping that I will understand this before the new EYFS starts!!
    Last edited by PinkFairy24; 28-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty90 View Post
    Do I have to link everything in a child's LJ to the EYFS? When I first started doing them I was doing a lot of formal obs but now I've become more comfortable with the EYFS I use one line statements etc. and only do one formal ob every few weeks. I try to put a lot of photos in to my LJ's as this is what parents like to look at the most but do I need to link every photo to the EYFS?

For example I would just like to do a one line statement under a photo saying something such as 'this is me enjoying our easter egg hunt'. Is this OK as I see the LJ as being more of a summary of the child's time with me?

Thanks

Kirsty xx
    I don't link everything to the EYFS. I also have photos of days out the children have enjoyed, their artwork or photos of it etc

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairy24 View Post
    I'm really confused with linking obs (

Do you just say which L&D and aspect?

E.g. PSED - Self care

Or do I need to go into detail as to which one it is in the list under self care? E.g. The fourth one in the list is - uses a comfort object.

I wouldn't have the space to write all of this in the LJ, or do some people number the list and have a copy at the front for people to know what the link was?

Thanks so much, am hoping that I will understand this before the new EYFS starts!!
    I link to area and aspect only.

My ob sheet has the areas plus boxes for each aspect and I just tick those that apply.

I have seen other sheets like you suggest where each aspect has a number.

There is no right or wrong way just whatever suits you best

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Would you mind sharing your ob sheet so that I can finish my LJ's before they change in September? No worries if not

Thank you, it is finally starting to make sense!!