Re neighbours dog
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re neighbours dog

Hello everyone ,Just need some advice,I have been going out on the school run to find large piles of dog poo on my front lawn,it is one of two dog owners any advice how to tackle this.I thought of putting a polite sign on my fence ,Most people know I am a childminder can I threaten them with ofsted or is that going too far.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted would not get involved.

Do you have a fence around your garden?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ofsted would not get involved.

Do you have a fence around your garden?
    ..... or a shotgun license?

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikita View Post
    Hello everyone ,Just need some advice,I have been going out on the school run to find large piles of dog poo on my front lawn,it is one of two dog owners any advice how to tackle this.I thought of putting a polite sign on my fence ,Most people know I am a childminder can I threaten them with ofsted or is that going too far.
    Seriously though, there are ways of dealing with this, but success is far from guaranteed.

The bad news is that you’re stuck with the job of clearing it up as it is a hygiene problem from the point of running your business.

Report it to the dog warden at your local authority. Be aware they may do nothing, as their responsibility only extends to public spaces, not private property. If you’re really lucky, they might just take the view that they have an interest in clamping down on any selfish dog owner like this.

It’s a tricky area because of ConDUP regime cuts to public services. Most boroughs have limited resources and only a bare handful of wardens. Our area is a nightmare. Despite being a relatively affluent village, many people view the pavements as one big dog-toilet/carpark. Most dog owners get away with it, and only one has been caught, fined, ASBO-ed and banned from owning a dog in the nine years we’ve lived here. I think the problem is that dog wardens work 9-5 Monday to Friday, whilst dog owners walk their diseased carnivores precisely outside those hours, before and after work

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you so sure it is one of two people? Could it be nobody else, or possibly even a stray?

Is it happening whilst you’re on school run? Morning or afternoon? Or is it there first thing in the morning when you go out?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikita View Post
    That must be so annoying.

Unfortunately Ofsted won't do anything as they regulate childcare providers and have no jurisdiction over neighbours (unless of course they are also childminders).

Have you contacted your local council? There may be an online form you can complete to put in a complaint, although I think you would need evidence of who the dog belongs to. Have you actually seen the dogs on your lawn? Have you though about setting up a camera so you could get some evidence?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the kids go on your lawn. If not sprinkle down some itching powder , the dogs will soon find a more ‘comfortable’ place to go 👏🏼🐕

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do hope you get this sorted soon. I get very upset when cleaning this mess from the mindees shoes or my buggy wheels.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It is so annoying to get dogs do on shoes, pushchairs etc and totally unnecessary. MOST dog owners are responsible dog owners.. yes, we do walk our dogs before and after work and do worm and treat our dogs with anti flea medicine so please DONT tar us all with the same brush.

And don’t blame the dogs it’s the owners at fault.

I get up very early to take mine to the fields so it can have a good run and I even clean up after my dog there as I would anywhere, I don’t decorate the trees with poo bags or throw them on the floor I put them in bins provided around our village.

It’s just lazy people that can’t be bothered to clear up after there dog, but it’s not all dog owners

12. Likes Maza, BallyH, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post