Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help, giving notice???

Hi everyone,

Needing a bit of advice please. I've just taken on a new child with a physical disability. She is of school age and needs a seat in my double pushchair for getting to and from school. I was able to take her on as I only need one seat in my pushchair and therefore had room. A lot of my contracts are finished in December due to a number of different reasons, but I had two preschool children lined up, so again wouldn't need the space in the pushchair. However, this has changed and I now don't have one of these children coming, meaning that I need to fill the space, but due to having no space in the pushchair, I am now very much limited to who I take on.

My question is, what would everyone else do in this situation? I can't really afford to not fill that place or just hang on to see if another preschool child comes along, but I feel awful letting her down as she's really struggled to find a place for her. Just wanted other people's opinion as I really don't know what to do now.

Thanks in advance x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is sooo hard - but you have to put your business head on.

Explain your situation to parents - maybe say you will try and find someone to fit around it but make sure you explain if a full timer comes along you won't have a choice.

Hopefully parents will be understanding

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just the buggy that's limiting you? There are various buggy boards with seats, clip on side-seats etc. Maybe you can adapt what you have to fit everyone?

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhh that's an idea. I'll have a look into it. Yes, it's just the pushchair that's a problem. Thank you x x

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you take on a baby you could use a sling for a good while?
    I have an elderly neighbour who likes her daily constitutional and often would plan it around our walk to our nature reserve. When I had a baby in a pram she loved to push it...often making DH redundant on our walks.
    Perhaps you have a friend or a local volunteer who could help with another buggy push....if and when it might be needed.

I am very much a deal with it when it happens....I would feel committed to this child and her family, like any other child I take on and deal with issues/ restrictions of another child if and when it happens. Meanwhile explore finding a buggy board/ seat/ sling/ triple buggy/ spare body to accommodate any future child I might have.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would try to find a buggy board to fit on my buggy - but I'm just wondering what happens when the school aged child who needs a seat in your buggy doesn't fit in the buggy anymore or is over the recommended weight limit?

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I already have a buggy board, but I'm thinking really if I get another baby wanting a space. The little girl is tiny, so it'd be an issue we'd address further down the line, but a lot further down the line to be honest.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I've seen 2 different attachment for buggies...?
    One is like a buggy board, but is actually a seat, and the second attaches at the side, like a pod (?) for younger children
    Or am I dreaming and have just come up with the ideas to make my first million?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I've seen 2 different attachment for buggies...?
    One is like a buggy board, but is actually a seat, and the second attaches at the side, like a pod (?) for younger children
    Buggypod - For the way your family moves Buggy Pod
    BuggyBoard - Mini and Maxi | Lascal Ltd Buggy Board Saddle
    There are various other brands and styles too.

12. Likes hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I have an 'easy X rider' ... it is a buggy board that clips on the rear axle and has a seat (with straps) that clips onto it. It's great and all the children want to ride in it!

X

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Buggypod - For the way your family moves Buggy Pod
    BuggyBoard - Mini and Maxi | Lascal Ltd Buggy Board Saddle
    There are various other brands and styles too.
    Damn... Back to the drawing board for me then

15. Likes Maza liked this post