Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

Morning everyone just after some advice I look after 6 year old boy with adhd not very often id say two hours after school every week. Him and my done had a disagreement not a big one it was silly but as my son was exposing the boy started screaming went to hit my son to which I said calm down he ran off and kicked my daughters new desk snapping the leg of it. I'm was so upset. Do I charge parents?

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had children break things over the years some expensive like my glasses and some not so. I always tell the parents if it was something precious/expensive and definitely if it was done on purpose. Some are mortified and offer to pay and some seem to think it's no big deal.Wear and tear is there for that purpose as well but I would explain to the parents and see what they say.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how annoying for you. I would definitely tell the parents - whether they offer to pay or not is a different story, but they do need to know. I think I would record it as an incident, because then you will have it on record if anything like this happens again.

Also, I would be thinking about teaching the boy some strategies to help him deal with his anger in more acceptable ways. Do his parents/school have any suggestions?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyface View Post
    Morning everyone just after some advice I look after 6 year old boy with adhd not very often id say two hours after school every week. Him and my done had a disagreement not a big one it was silly but as my son was exposing the boy started screaming went to hit my son to which I said calm down he ran off and kicked my daughters new desk snapping the leg of it. I'm was so upset. Do I charge parents?
    I think you should consider looking at ''wear and tear' as this is exactly why we can take it from our business to cover incidents like this where damage occurs during working hours.

If unsure I would ring your PL Insurance and explain....also your home insurance should cover you for this if it allows childminding to be covered under its policy.

As for the actual accident you may want to talk to the children...they are old enough to understand they need to guide own behaviour and find a resolution.
    There are so many reasons why a child would show such anger as a response...hope you can help to resolve it.
    Last edited by Simona; 07-05-2016 at 08:42 AM.