Tax credits?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tax credits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tax credits?

My first minded child starts tomorrow and am trying to work out about tax credits what I tell them as earning. I went on to entitled to and couldn't understand what it meant? Confused 😂

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone? No idea if it say before or after expenses

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

when you give your earnings to tax credits you give them the figure after expenses etc have been taken off.

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaahhh I gave them before deductions! How do I work it out? I looked on the gov website and it said a third is what benefits etc is based on?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shonar0612 View Post
    Aaaahhh I gave them before deductions! How do I work it out? I looked on the gov website and it said a third is what benefits etc is based on?
    If you are talking about Working Tax Credits for childminders...do look on the gov.uk website as things have changed for cms....as they will change for anyone who claims them due to govt policies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    If you are talking about Working Tax Credits for childminders...do look on the gov.uk website as things have changed for cms....as they will change for anyone who claims them due to govt policies.
    yes I am. I can't quite get my head around it. When I called tax credits they were no help

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shonar0612 View Post
    yes I am. I can't quite get my head around it. When I called tax credits they were no help

This is the link
    https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility

For Cms now the aim is to run a 'profitable' and organized business.
    If you call the helpline they should be able to guide you on what the requirements are now...if you have an accountant they will advise you accordingly

Good luck!