drumming up business
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Update **
    Visit went really really well, probably the best I've had!
    -my daughter was good as gold (thank goodness! )
    -the child fitted in soooooo well
    -parents friendly and asked really good relevant questions etc
    -they loved the playroom and experiences /activities and outings that I offer.
    Left the playroom for a few minutes to discuss their thoughts etc and to see how the child was , well it went perfectly child was laughing and playing with my daughter and I. The parent's were so happy, said they were really pleased.
    They want to come back fri for contract signing etc I'm emailing them the policies etc tonight
    So fingers crossed it works out well and falls into place!

They did ask if the fees were negotiable -i said not usually BUT I'm thinking now I could have a bit of a play with numbers as it is a full time 5 full day space
    What do you think?

2. Likes loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Update **
    Left the playroom for a few minutes to discuss their thoughts etc and to see how the child was , well it went perfectly child was laughing and playing with my daughter and I. The parent's were so happy, said they were really pleased.
    They want to come back fri for contract signing etc I'm emailing them the policies etc tonight

They did ask if the fees were negotiable -i said not usually BUT I'm thinking now I could have a bit of a play with numbers as it is a full time 5 full day space
    What do you think?
    That's great news

Do you want to reduce your fee? I have no problem at all with parents asking if the fee is negotiable, as long as they accept my 'no' answer! Sometimes when you get the perfect family you feel so happy about it that you think you'll happily take them on at a reduced rate. But at the end of the day this is your business and you've set your fees at a certain rate for a reason. What I would do is work out what the full fee would be, look at what the fee would be if you reduced the bill by 5% or by £x per day and see how much you'll be losing out on. It might only work out at a few pounds a day, but think of that per week or per month and think about what you could do with that money.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

That's great news

Do you want to reduce your fee? I have no problem at all with parents asking if the fee is negotiable, as long as they accept my 'no' answer! Sometimes when you get the perfect family you feel so happy about it that you think you'll happily take them on at a reduced rate. But at the end of the day this is your business and you've set your fees at a certain rate for a reason. What I would do is work out what the full fee would be, look at what the fee would be if you reduced the bill by 5% or by £x per day and see how much you'll be losing out on. It might only work out at a few pounds a day, but think of that per week or per month and think about what you could do with that money.
    Yes I totally get what you are saying,
    I've got 4 options I've worked out and the difference is

Pressed send to early see above comment
    Last edited by crumpet54; 30-03-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news

I've got 4 options I've worked out and the difference is 20, 30 40, or 50 (from the cheapest to the most expensive option if this makes sense, )
    They may not even mention it again, I just wanted to be prepared in case they do.
    For the sake of 20 , 30 or even 40 a month i could potentially loose a big sum if they decide to go elsewhere do you see what I mean? The last time I had a full time spaces enquiry was 6 months ago, i could be waiting another 6 months for another!

Sorry I'm waffling and tired I hope I make sense lol
    Last edited by crumpet54; 30-03-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got 4 options I've worked out and the difference is 20, 30 40, or 50 (from the cheapest to the most expensive option if this makes sense, )
    They may not even mention it again, I just wanted to be prepared in case they do.
    For the sake of 20 , 30 or even 40 a month i could potentially loose a big sum if they decide to go elsewhere do you see what I mean? The last time I had a full time spaces enquiry was 6 months ago, i could be waiting another 6 months for another!

Sorry I'm waffling and tired I hope I make sense lol
    I can totally see what you're saying.

Now that you've looked at figures you're prepared if they do ask again - that's much better than being put on the spot! If they don't ask I wouldn't mention it, but if they do ask you could say that you don't normally offer a reduction, but as they are signing up and paying the deposit promptly you are happy to offer them a reduction of £20 per month.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can totally see what you're saying.

Now that you've looked at figures you're prepared if they do ask again - that's much better than being put on the spot! If they don't ask I wouldn't mention it, but if they do ask you could say that you don't normally offer a reduction, but as they are signing up and paying the deposit promptly you are happy to offer them a reduction of £20 per month.
    Yep you are right mouse, im prepared if they do ask, and yes I won't mention it if they don't lol
    They've just received my welcome pack and policies via email so fingers crossed, they have been on childcare.co.uk today though (I'm not stalking honest)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it went well, fingers crossed for you. All I'll say is don't sell yourself short, if they really like you they will probably pay your full fee anyway. If you feel you want to offer a small discount then yes go ahead but definitely trust yourself and all the great things you have to offer :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    Glad it went well, fingers crossed for you. All I'll say is don't sell yourself short, if they really like you they will probably pay your full fee anyway. If you feel you want to offer a small discount then yes go ahead but definitely trust yourself and all the great things you have to offer :-)
    Thanks natlou x

Post Thanks / Like

Aaahhhhhh just had a quick look on childcare.co.uk and she's been on looking this morning! She's top of the list as most recent! Oh no

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaahhhhhh just had a quick look on childcare.co.uk and she's been on looking this morning! She's top of the list as most recent! Oh no
    That doesn't mean she's still looking.

She may have had notifications saying someone has looked at her profile, so she's logged on to see who. Or maybe other childminders have messaged her and she's logged on to message them back saying she's no longer interested as she's already found the perfect childminder

Don't read too much into it.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Update **

What do you think?
    Your answer could be that 'fees are reviewed each year...as per terms and conditions of our contract...and parents given adequate notice of any increase'
    No where in any business fees and charges remain static...certainly not in childcare.

Watch this and you will know why....it mentions nurseries only...as per usual...but can easily be applied to cms!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zm-mYA6XpQ&app=desktop

I cannot understand parents who want to bargain/negotiate on fees...why?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Your answer could be that 'fees are reviewed each year...as per terms and conditions of our contract...and parents given adequate notice of any increase'
    No where in any business fees and charges remain static...certainly not in childcare.

Watch this and you will know why....it mentions nurseries only...as per usual...but can easily be applied to cms!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zm-mYA6XpQ&app=desktop

I cannot understand parents who want to bargain/negotiate on fees...why?
    Yes I will take that on board Simona, they're suppose to be coming today for 2nd visit, Contracts etc but I've not heard from them to arrange times etc. Plus she's been online searching on childcare.co.uk

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our town has got a parents facebook page it may be worth seeing if your town (or others nearby) have one - on the parents page for our town someone generally asks once a week for recommendations for a childminder, our town has an Independent Childminders enquiry page so I always direct parents to that and then see their enquiries get circulated round by e-mail to everyone in our network.

Do you have NCT sales locally, I know at ours they won't let childminders in to hand out cards but there is nothing to stop you handing out leaflets or cards or just chatting to pregnant mums or mums/dads in the queue or leaving a leaflet on their windscreen - at least you know everyone who is attending has children so are your target audience, more chance of success than just putting leaflets through 100 houses on local housing estate just hoping they have kids.

Make sure you have a handful of cards on you at all times, I have handed out cards when requested at the park and even at the fields when walking my dogs.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post

r leaving a leaflet on their windscreen - at least you know everyone who is attending has children so are your target audience, more chance of success than just putting leaflets through 100 houses on local housing estate just hoping they have kids.
    That's a really good idea! Target cars that have got car seats in them and leave a leaflet on their windscreen.

19. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a really good idea! Target cars that have got car seats in them and leave a leaflet on their windscreen.
    Yes I've done that in the mother and baby car spaces in boots, asda and morrisons, i have my cards absolutely everywhere always to hand out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Our town has got a parents facebook page it may be worth seeing if your town (or others nearby) have one - on the parents page for our town someone generally asks once a week for recommendations for a childminder, our town has an Independent Childminders enquiry page so I always direct parents to that and then see their enquiries get circulated round by e-mail to everyone in our network.

Do you have NCT sales locally, I know at ours they won't let childminders in to hand out cards but there is nothing to stop you handing out leaflets or cards or just chatting to pregnant mums or mums/dads in the queue or leaving a leaflet on their windscreen - at least you know everyone who is attending has children so are your target audience, more chance of success than just putting leaflets through 100 houses on local housing estate just hoping they have kids.

Make sure you have a handful of cards on you at all times, I have handed out cards when requested at the park and even at the fields when walking my dogs.
    Yep as I've said previously I'm on fb sharing lots, parents pages, baby/parents/child selling pages, community boards I share my advert/posts/business pages on over 25 pages on fb!

Yes I've been just last week to a baby sale handed out leaflets, wore my t shirt, told everyone etc

Post Thanks / Like

So ..... I've emailed parent asking if she has had time to read through the paperwork and if there were any questions, did she still want to come for a 2nd viewing today (as arranged )
    All very friendly not pushy etc- here is her reply

Hi, thank you for a message.
    To be honest I didn' t read your polices yet. I am very busy at work and later on I am too tired, when Alicja going sleep I am going too. I am waiting for a weeked to sorted out all things.
    I will be in touvh with you soon.
    Thank you for your patient.

What do you think?
    What should I reply?
    Last edited by crumpet54; 01-04-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be that she wants to give herself enough time to actually sit and read them rather than skim through them.

I had a email from a mum recently, saying that she wanted to speak to me on the phone, but needed to wait until her partner was around to look after the baby, so that she could make the call.

This baby has started with me this week, so a mum saying they haven't had time to look at policies isn't necessarily a bad sign.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    It could be that she wants to give herself enough time to actually sit and read them rather than skim through them.

I had a email from a mum recently, saying that she wanted to speak to me on the phone, but needed to wait until her partner was around to look after the baby, so that she could make the call.

This baby has started with me this week, so a mum saying they haven't had time to look at policies isn't necessarily a bad sign.
    Hope so xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I did a big fb push this morning, got 5 new likes to my page and 3 enquiries. ....yay xx

26. Likes gef918 liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast