Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

signed and shared

Simona Guest

Thanks Loocyloo...this petitions are really taking off.
    So many teachers, members of the public and even parents are not that happy with this....apparently Nicky Morgan went on Mumsnet yesterday and got a very negative response on academies.

Please sign...or if not in agreement...share with others who may want to sign.

We have got to stop this govt.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Obviously I signed and spread the word.

100,000 already signed so a discussion will take place.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Obviously I signed and spread the word.

100,000 already signed so a discussion will take place.
    Gosh...I have never promoted a petition as hard as this one....amazing response from the public.
    The other petition was also close to 100,000 signatures last night.

This Wednesday there will be marches organized by the NUT up and down the country...in London they will end at the DfE
    Would have loved to be there!!

It may not be of interest to some in EY at the moment....but this academy 'forced' conversion will have implications for EY...sad that Morgan mentioned it briefly at the end of her speech.

I think we could put 2 and 2 together and imagine what the DfE are scheming!...horrendous if it came true.

7. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know the ins and outs of this.
    All the schools around here are Academies already and they seem to be doing fine. It seems that they are able to be more flexible and make decisions themselves. Through fundraising they have bought new equipment and all of them that my ds & dd have been to (1 primary and 2 secondary) they seem to be doing as well as when they weren't academies. But I suppose it the 'being forced into it' which isn't appealing.

But as I said...I don't know enough about it to have a view.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Simona Guest

I think it means education will be '''roughly''' privatised.
    Like everything else this country owns it will go in the hands of the rich....but there is no evidence academies actually improve standards...even Wilshaw has recently stated that some do worse than some LAs' schools.

These will help and I am sure the debate on academies has only just started....the implications for EY are just emerging

Academisation – A Non-Evidence-Based Ideological Crusade on Education. I Am Angry.

Future of state-run nursery schools

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The longer school day worries me even more. I was chatting with loocyloo the other day about how my lads (they have left school now and are in uni) used to leave the house at 6.45am for the bus and then not return until 4.45pm. Adding an extra hour onto that would leave them starting their day at 6.45 and not returning home until 5.45pm. That is assuming the buses were running to schedule and actually turned up - neither of which occurred with great regularity. That would be from age 11. In dark night, dark mornings, driving rain, snow......Even an adult would not want to do that!

However, the academy thing being forced on schools is also bad. A school should decide it's own future, one that is relevant to the children and the community it serves. It should not be forced down a path not of it's choosing.

It worries me that the change will come in just as my youngest, and many many others will be beginning their GCSE's. I can only imagine what impact that upheaval will have on their learning and outcomes.

I have signed both petitions as soon as they came out. I hope they help our kids.

Simona Guest

I doubt Nicky Morgan knows what she is actually suggesting when she calls for the extra hour at school...she seems a bit confused by her own DfE policies and those of her predecessor Gove....he wanted children in schools all day and what did he know about it all as he was a journalist by trade?

Watching Morgan at the teachers' conference yesterday I don't think she is going to have an easy ride on her 'there is no turning around' on academies...how arrogant is that?

She can easily be compared to Jeremy Hunt...who will impose a contract on junior doctors as she is imposing academies on schools

Keep sharing those petitions...you never know Morgan will wake up one day and say 'it was just a suggestion' as she did for the disability cuts ...worth looking what her qualifications are as a lawyer!!