mum is always unhappy help!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mum is always unhappy help!!!

Hiya could somebody give me some adivce what they would do in this situation.......
    I'm looking after a 6mths old child since jan every other day since she started mum is unhappy with something or the other. I give the mum a daily dairy everyday. But the mum wants the child to be sleeping most of the day after every feed. I notice the baby was always hungry when she arrived.
    and I was trying to establish what the problem was when I realised mum worte a day at home in the daily diary.
    that she's was missing out feeds.
    she said I must put her down in the cot and shut the door. I said I wouldn't be shutting the door. And even when she crying for 50mins I must leave her.
    Mum wants me constantly to put her down for a nap.
    I've tried to expand to the mum that she will not be developing if she sleeping all day and will not be on her milestones.
    The mum has no routine with the child when I'm trying to establish a routine the mum changes it everyday then unsettled baby. Her reply is baby set the routine.
    I'm in two minds whether to end the contract.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Call a meeting with mum and see if you can resolve it - but you might decide you are not the best place for the baby if mum can't compromise and work together with you to sort out baby's routines.

Hugs x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sarah. Also point out that you cannot leave a baby unchecked in a cot for 50 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodness me, isn't that sad. Do you think mum is not coping well ? Hence why she wants baby to sleep so much?

I agreed have a chat with mum, hopefully something will get resolved, what a hard situation for you x x

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, at six months she will be ready for weaning if she isn't already. Maybe that could explain the hunger and sleep refusal. Could you print out some literature on how much sleep babies need at each age - obviously there is a range but if mum is expecting way more sleep than the biggest number in the range then she needs to think about why she is expecting that. Maybe she is struggling like crumpet54 said. x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any other concerns, missing feeds, leaving baby screaming for 50minutes, wanting baby to sleep all day ...... This is ringing alarm bells with me.

8. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Do you have any other concerns, missing feeds, leaving baby screaming for 50minutes, wanting baby to sleep all day ...... This is ringing alarm bells with me.
    Me too something not right there

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused. I've had parents who have asked me to cut down the daytime sleep so the baby/child sleeps at night. Not to encourage more sleeping throughout the day.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she wants to spend more time with the baby, so the more she sleeps with you, the less the child needs to sleep at home, so they can spend more time together?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    I'm confused. I've had parents who have asked me to cut down the daytime sleep so the baby/child sleeps at night. Not to encourage more sleeping throughout the day.
    I thought the same.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound right. Why is she cutting out feeds? Sounds like she's not even interacting with the child! If she had one of those 'electronic' babies, she would fail! Some good suggestions about speaking to the mum. But in reality, you can't make a baby sleep, same as you can't keep them awake!
    Hope you work something out with the mum and dad. I think he (if he's around) needs to be involved. What does he think about it all?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com