Resources needed...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Resources needed...

Hi, I've sent my Ofsted application so just waiting for my visit and getting the playroom ready. Just wondering what the main resources I'll need to pass inspection. I'm using a lot of toys I've saved from when my son was little but wondering do I need loads? I'm worrying I won't have enough :-( I'll be buying bits along the way. Any help from you lovely lot would be appreciated X

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyB View Post
    Hi, I've sent my Ofsted application so just waiting for my visit and getting the playroom ready. Just wondering what the main resources I'll need to pass inspection. I'm using a lot of toys I've saved from when my son was little but wondering do I need loads? I'm worrying I won't have enough :-( I'll be buying bits along the way. Any help from you lovely lot would be appreciated X
    There was a thread on here very recently asking a similiar question. Your son's toy/equipment are a very good start but basically until you know what age group you'll be looking after it's hard to guide you. You could say this to the inspector giving her examples of what different ages groups need so she can see you have a wide understanding of what the children will require to meet their developmental needs. The inspector on a pre reg visit is there to help and guide you. So have confidence in yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you MOH :-) I was thinking the same as I'd like to buy things specific to their interests and age. I have a 4 month old starting in Jan so have made a treasure basket for her and bought a few other bits. I just don't want the inspector thinking "is that it" lol. X

4. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyB View Post
    whatever you decide to buy make sure you apply for the Business Start-up grant from the DfE...£500 is not a lot but it will help CMs

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-grant-scheme

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Simona, I will do X