been let down already! !
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default been let down already! !

So I had a friend of my partner's beg me for childcare once I register. 1 year old 3 days a week and then the 6 year old sibling in the school holidays. I told her that the ofsted visit went really well and that I will have my certificate soon ready to start lo. She was fine with this and said she would pop in thus week for a play date so lo could play with my daughter (mum would be staying as well)
    Well today on fb she has shared her 6 yr lo old nursery's page saying how excellent they were and she can't wait for her youngest to start!
    I've been nosey and read the comments and she says she has a viewing for the morning!
    What would you think?

Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Doesn't sound good on the face of it. Maybe Mum is hoping to share care with you and nursery? That's the most positive way I can see of looking at it. Has she not realised you will see the status?

It is difficult with friends as the professional/friendship lines can become blurred. I would suggest you put your business head on and once your certificate comes through I would say to Mum that you'd like to sort contracts and most importantly deposit asap. See what she says. With regard to the playdate, I might think about postponing if you're seeing this as 'work'. Alternatively, have her round, say you've seen her FB post and ask her about it. Depends how brave you are!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think until a deposit has been paid, followed by a contract being signed, nothing is guaranteed on either side, sorry.

If mum was in a 'no childcare panic' when she spoke to you, she'd have agreed to you sending her children to the moon and back :-/

Post Thanks / Like

Tricky one isn't it. I think the fact that she was asking me and begging me to have her lo as at the moment her elderly mum has her while.she is at work, and she was saying she couldn't wait for her to start.
    I was dubious at first anyway as she and her partner is a friend of my partners.

I think like you say it does become blurry I think they might not take it as a serious job rather than helping out/babysitting.

Oh well live and learn hey! I've got my business cards on order and spreading my Facebook page and spreading the word in my neighbourhood and have leaflets made and distributed so should hear something soon (hopefully!)

5. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Having been doing this for 8yrs now, people don't surprise me so never take anyones word

A signed contract and a deposit is the only way you know that you've got them signed up
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't look at is as being let down as nothing definite was ever agreed. You'll find it happens quite a lot with people saying they want to use you, but then nothing ever comes of it. I don't think they do it deliberately, it's just something that they say without thinking, but don't really mean. It's frustrating, but you soon learn to take any enquiries with a pinch of salt! The right one will come along soon

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Could some please help me with adding British values to my safeguarding policy and also a send policy.
    I'm so behind and trying to catch up thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Update!!!
    She's just messaged me saying sorry she didn't have time to pop in this week can she book a visit with me on fri on her day off!
    Well well well