Pacey Conference
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacey Conference

I've been to the Pacey conference in York today and it was really inspirational. As a new childminder I've learnt lots of things and met really great people

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AngieH View Post
    I've been to the Pacey conference in York today and it was really inspirational. As a new childminder I've learnt lots of things and met really great people

That's fab :-) Do you have any feedback on what was discussed? :-) x

Post Thanks / Like

The conference was based around wellbeing. Penny Tassoni talked about the importance of positive relationships in early childhood and the effects that they can have, I found it really interesting! Two health visitors talked about the 2 year old check and how involved childminders will be with this now, however, it is all very new, so some authorities may not quite be there as far as involving childminders are concerned. She demonstrated the Durham model, which involved lots of collaboration and support between the health visitor and childminder, lets hope all the other authorities are as good! Laura from the children's food trust charity spoke about healthy eating and recommended downloading their pack, which looked useful! Childminders - Childrens Food TrustChildrens Food Trust

Then Keith Chambers spoke about his website MindEd, which is full of FREE training about mental health issues, which I intend on having a look at. https://www.minded.org.uk/

Lee Owston (HMI) spoke about the new framework and how they are trying to improve the system, he was happy to take queries/ observations and feed them back to his team, so they could make things better. He is also looking to film childminders to upload good practise videos to their You Tube channel! He was genuinely horrified by some of the horror stories that some childminders told him about their Ofsted experiences and tried to reassure us how it's improving.

There were workshops to go to, which I loved!

To finish the day Andy Cope spoke and he was excellent, he spoke about happiness and how we take things for granted in life and how important it is to have a mindset of being happy and how that can affect the people we come into contact with and then has a 'ripple' effect on others that come into contact with people that we have come into contact with! He was very funny and inspiring.

The whole day gave me loads to think about and although it was very busy, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to other people.

I'm hoping that Pacey share some of the information that we received on the day and their website for the benefit of those that couldn't be there, but we'll have to see!

4. Likes Maza, rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The day was excellent, Pacey have put some information about the day on their website.

6. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like an excellent day.
    I have heard Penny Tassoni and Andy Cope speak before, and they are both so inspirational.

Post Thanks / Like

They were both excellent! The whole day was great

9. Likes loocyloo, rickysmiths liked this post