settling in sessions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default settling in sessions

Hi all, I have my pre reg visit for next Fri I have a family lined up with a 1 year old. Could I give settling in sessions (1 or 2 hours no charge ) while I wait for certificate to arrive? So that once my certificate does arrive she can start straight away?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You could (for no financial reward and for just 1-2 hours) but you'll have no insurance cover until you are registered.
    Why not ask mum to stay while you play with baby, give a feed etc.
    Or you go to visit at their house for baby to get used to you?

3. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I thought that after I posted it about the insurance.
    So I could set up the insurance once ofsted have been next Fri or do I need to wait for cert? X

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Yes I thought that after I posted it about the insurance.
    So I could set up the insurance once ofsted have been next Fri or do I need to wait for cert? X
    You are not registered until that certificate is in your hand. The inspector will say she is 'recommending you to be registered' but all the final decisions are made back at HQ and then they issue the certificate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

You are not registered until that certificate is in your hand. The inspector will say she is 'recommending you to be registered' but all the final decisions are made back at HQ and then they issue the certificate.
    Ok that's fine, it was just a thought to help the mum more than anything else.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Ok that's fine, it was just a thought to help the mum more than anything else.
    I know, it is a frustrating wait for all. No harm in letting the inspector know that you have a family waiting and see if she/he can get things moving a bit faster- Ofsted want families to be able to access childcare so it is in everyone's interest to get you your certificate asap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

I know, it is a frustrating wait for all. No harm in letting the inspector know that you have a family waiting and see if she/he can get things moving a bit faster- Ofsted want families to be able to access childcare so it is in everyone's interest to get you your certificate asap.
    Ok great thanks moggy x