ikea high chairs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if anyone can help- I'm pretty sure I read on here that you can lower the ikea high chairs ? I've just bought 2 off a sell it page and I'm trying to work out how they would be made shorter?
    Have I dreamt it or can they be used lower like around a low children's table for example?
    Thanks
    Last edited by crumpet54; 07-10-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone can help- I'm pretty sure I read on here that you can lower the ikea high chairs ? I've just bought 2 off a sell it page and I'm trying to work out how they would be made shorter?
    Have I dreamt it or can they be used lower like around a low children's table for example?
    Thanks
    You need to unclip the legs, remove the end caps on the legs, get someone to saw them down a bit to the desired height, then replace the end caps on the now shorter legs and clip them back in.

It is also a good idea to check what kind of harness is on your Ikea high chairs. The new harness is a bit like those on a buggy - think of a T in the middle with the side bits plugging into it. The old harness only had one connector so Ikea recalled these as some children were able to open these if left in the high chair unsupervised, no doubt with a few nasty accidents or near misses!

If you find it is an older type harness, then Ikea may still be able to give you replacement harness bits for it. If they can't, then you can just thread some reins through for optimum safety.

Good luck,

LK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that's great, that'll be another job for hubby then lol! Yep just checked and they're the t shape so that'll be ok then?

4. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post

You need to unclip the legs, remove the end caps on the legs, get someone to saw them down a bit to the desired height, then replace the end caps on the now shorter legs and clip them back in.

It is also a good idea to check what kind of harness is on your Ikea high chairs. The new harness is a bit like those on a buggy - think of a T in the middle with the side bits plugging into it. The old harness only had one connector so Ikea recalled these as some children were able to open these if left in the high chair unsupervised, no doubt with a few nasty accidents or near misses!

If you find it is an older type harness, then Ikea may still be able to give you replacement harness bits for it. If they can't, then you can just thread some reins through for optimum safety.

Good luck,

LK
    Well hubby says he doesn't want to do them says they will look silly ........... aaah men ay!
    I saw the other straps you were on about -in s children's soft play area!

6. Likes lollipop kid liked this post