becoming a child minder (worried)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre_reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default becoming a child minder (worried)

I have just been reading through some of the ten tones of paper work we have to get through, and have just been reading about the property im hoping to work from home, we have a small ish 3 bed house down stairs bathroom just been reading that there needs o be a seprate toilet for adults? also a baby room for a child to sleep? i was hoping to keep up stairs private for my family, and wanted to get a travel cot for the children to sleep in, in the living room. what im asking is all this going to stop me? should i give up now? i really dont want to i need to do this.

thanks for reading i hope you can help.

Laura.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnybirduk View Post
    I have just been reading through some of the ten tones of paper work we have to get through, and have just been reading about the property im hoping to work from home, we have a small ish 3 bed house down stairs bathroom just been reading that there needs o be a seprate toilet for adults? also a baby room for a child to sleep? i was hoping to keep up stairs private for my family, and wanted to get a travel cot for the children to sleep in, in the living room. what im asking is all this going to stop me? should i give up now? i really dont want to i need to do this.

thanks for reading i hope you can help.

Laura.
    you can stop worrying. The toilet requirement isnt applicable to cm's. Not all homes have more than one toilet.

Personally I am lucky to have a downstairs and upstairs loo. I put the lo's to sleep in cots, on the sofa and in buggies in my living room depending on how they sleep best too.

I also keep upstairs private and no mindees have ever been up there.

Hope this helps.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome

I second shortstuff - Please don't worry.

I have never had a separate sleeping room for children and they have to share my toilets (although I am lucky to have 2 but they are next to each other upstairs they can use both). The rules you are looking at are for settings that are not home based. Our settings are different because we are in a home not a commercial property.

Other than the toilets my mindees have never been allowed upstairs.

My Los sleep in travel cots, pushchairs or on the sofa depending on age and their/parents preferences.

Good luck xx

Pre_reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks ladies x

thank you both so much for putting my mind at rest i'm a big time worrier lol, i'm worrying about every little thing at the moment just want to pass and start working but its a long way off i'm at the very beginning and finding it all a bit much to take in grrr lol. again thanks for helping and im sure you will see loads more questions from me lol sorry in advance xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you read the EYFS framework you need to look for the bits that say "except for childminders" or "for childminders only". You need to carefully read it to see which bits apply to group settings and which bits apply to childminders.

eg.

"Except in childminding settings, there should be a separate baby room for children under the age of two"

"Except in childminding settings, there should usually be separate toilet facilities for adults"

6. Likes blue bear liked this post