out and about 360 double? any good??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default out and about 360 double? any good??

Hi, quick question I have been offered a out and about 360 double pram for 50£
    Should I get it? Anyone got one? Good/bad?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is in good condition I'd snap it up! £50 is a bargain (unless it is a wreck). You can even sell it for a profit if you don;t like it (but most people love it!)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good condition ( from a nice area) lol
    Yeah I've just had a quick look online at reviews and seems good. I know that I will need to get a double buggy . Going to see it first thing in the morning.

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I have an out and about double and am really pleased with it. Had a Graco previously which was very heavy to push - this one is so easy I can push it one handed! Large wheels mean I can go over fields and I could still get out in the snow. Possible down side could be tyres can get punctures, but you can get some foam from bike shop to put in the inner tubes and I was told to make sure tyres don't get too worn down. Apparently you can get 'heavy duty tyres' but I've just used normal ones. The only negative thing I have found about the pushchair is the basket underneath is too small to hold all the things my after school children turn up with.

aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my out and about, would def recommend it! X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Best buggy in my opinion and a bargain at £50 x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes that's a bargain. Love my nippers (have double and single)

Post Thanks / Like

I also love my nipper 360. It's not heavy and easy to push, that does sound like an absolute bargain, you won't regret it.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the width of your front door/doors/gate and take the narrowest measurement with you, as well as a measuring tape so you can measure the widest part of this buggy - just to make sure you can get it in your door.

I was offered one years ago free - it was lovely but I just couldn't get it in my front door. I even went as far as getting bits hacked out of the door frame, but it just wouldn't go. I therefore sadly passed it on (free) to someone else.

I went for a long front-to-back double, which is really heavy to push (to get it started) but I'm so used to it now that I love it. (My front door is shockingly narrow - I even have to part collapse a double MacLaren to get through the door.)

That's great advice about the foam/heavy duty tyres. I have a friend who uses a Nipper and I've twice seen how awful her buggy is to push on a school run with a puncture. It goes from being really light to push, to being like pushing a wall with x number of kids sitting on it.

Hope that helps,

L

Dec 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I love mine, the seats are quite reclined even in their upright position and one of my little ones doesn't like sitting in it for that reason but on every other point its fab. I have used mine for my own children and now do two school runs a day with a walk through the woods to get there with 2 2 year olds sitting in it and a 3 year old on a buggy board and its still light and easy to push. For £50 id snap it up quick!

Post Thanks / Like

I have got a puncture on mine :-( it will be fixed tomorrow, I had to take my pump with me on the school run and pump it up twice lol! That said its still a brilliant pushchair :-)

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a different buggy but the local Farm Shop put the stuff in my tyres that they put in ride on lawn mowers! Never had a flat tyre since!

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant thanks for replying! Sounds great! I'm going first thing to have a look /buy it.
    Another purchase ticked off my list! Yay x

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The first version of Nippers had seats that didn't sit quite upright, but they've fixed that on the newer versions. You can also buy a set of EVA (non-tyre) wheels if that suits you better than air filled tyres from their online shop. I don't drive, so my buggy is like my 'childminding car' and I'm really pleased with my Nipper and how easy it is to push.

Post Thanks / Like

I got it! Wow what a bargain! Perfect condition so pleased x thanks for all the feedback x
    I told her I was becoming a childminder and she said she will let me know what else she will be selling as she's having a clear out of her sons toys! Yay more bargains to be had! X

17. Likes AliceK, lisbet liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

lisbet what are EVA tyres (i know i'm thick) are they solid tyres if so could you give me there web site address please? many thanks.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is too wide for front door, so if lo's have gone to sleep I just unpop a back wheel, tip the buggy at an angle to fit through door and pop wheel back on, normally though just as I do that the sleeping child wakes up!

I paid £50 for mine and the rain cover isn't in a good condition but still a bargain for the flexibility it gives me - I sometimes sit a 3 year old on the front foot plate if we are in a hurry and the pavement is flat.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    lisbet what are EVA tyres (i know i'm thick) are they solid tyres if so could you give me there web site address please? many thanks.
    Lol, not thick at all - I only know what they're called now I've bought some!

Here's the link, although it says they're out of stock at the mo:

EVA Wheel Set

Post Thanks / Like

Can the individual shopping baskets b removed to wash?

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Shopping basket can be removed and wiped with a damp cloth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast