glass  doors
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: glass doors

Post Thanks / Like

Default glass doors

ForumRunner_20150512_183302.jpg

Just in the pre reg stage I'm wondering what ofsted would say about this door , are they allowed or do I need to get some glass protector adhesive?
    It's a door from my long hallway into conservatory, right by my downstairs toilet so it'll be in use with the mindies

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Check the corner it may have a little kite Mark on it which means it has safety standard glass in it - if not you will need to put the glass film onto it. Risk assess it - it may be that it is likely to be open against a wall for most of the time....but just show you have thought about it, made it as safe as possible and put plans in place to ensure children are safe around it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Check the corner it may have a little kite Mark on it which means it has safety standard glass in it - if not you will need to put the glass film onto it. Risk assess it - it may be that it is likely to be open against a wall for most of the time....but just show you have thought about it, made it as safe as possible and put plans in place to ensure children are safe around it.
    Thanks. I've just looked and there's no kite mark, I'll have to look for some adhesive then. I don't think I'll actually be using the conservatory -it's currently being used as my dining room. I have a playroom I shall be using solely for cm.

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

My kitchen door is like that and I was told by my LA to put the plastic film on the panes that are below waist height. I was worried that I'd have to do the same with the mirrored wardrobes in my daughter's room but Ofsted didn't think they were a problem, thankfully. That wouldn't have looked immaculate at all. :S Oh and when mine were first done there were a few air bubbles that I just couldn't get out, but they've vanished over time, just in case you get any that are annoying you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenfaerie View Post
    My kitchen door is like that and I was told by my LA to put the plastic film on the panes that are below waist height. I was worried that I'd have to do the same with the mirrored wardrobes in my daughter's room but Ofsted didn't think they were a problem, thankfully. That wouldn't have looked immaculate at all. :S Oh and when mine were first done there were a few air bubbles that I just couldn't get out, but they've vanished over time, just in case you get any that are annoying you.
    Thanks that's great I will have a look online for some.
    I have already delegated the other half for the job of putting it on I was dreading the air bubbles!

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I had a door like yours at my previous house. My husband got some cheap plywood cut and covered the bottom half of the door. We then put some fine decorative beading round the edge and painted it. Looked like it had been made with just top half glass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evie125 View Post
    Hi, I had a door like yours at my previous house. My husband got some cheap plywood cut and covered the bottom half of the door. We then put some fine decorative beading round the edge and painted it. Looked like it had been made with just top half glass
    Ooh good idea!